Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

icon_smile.gifDuane and Louise...we are in Bakersfield right now, getting ready to leave this AM...it is about 240 miles to the Desert Pools RV Resort in Palm Desert, CA... where we are staying...so it will be this early this evening before we actually get there...but call us anytime... icon_biggrin.gif

We are looking forward to meeting you... icon_wink.gif

"Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!!

Remember: "Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful "RIDE"!!!!

Charlie60

Hubby: Mike

Mini Doxie: Halle

Vintage 1990 Prevost/Marathon: "TAD"

Toad: "Vetta" the Jetta

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Blogspot: http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

icon_smile.gifWell Guys...we are livin' the life abundant...we have been here in Bakersfield for two days and we have seen the town, as if we had never seen it before... icon_wink.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Actually we found some very pretty parts (being lost is not always a bad thing) of the City that we had never seen before...so it has been a nice stay...

The Bakersfield Palms RV Park is a SKP affiliated park...it has gravel pads, pull-through spots, full hook-ups, 30/50amp service, WIFI available to purchase and cable TV...they have a pool and spa...kind-of a nice place...lots of longterm residents...we will return when we are through Bakersfield again...it is right off the 58 FWY, easy in and easy out...

We're leaving this morning for Desert Pools RV Resort in Palm Desert... icon_cool.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Hey Rick & Carol. . .sorry we had to leave before saying goodby. We figured you were with your Atlanta buddies having strawberry shortcake for breakfast. LOL We took the Airstream to an RV wash on Boulder Hwy. . .took 125 lbs off our towing weight!!! We are now in a PA RV park near Barstow, CA. . .nice, economical (for California), full hookups, but nothing fancy. Just right for us. See ya down the road!

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

What is the difference between workcamping and volunteering?

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

In my opinion, volunteering is a type of workcamping. Another type is where you get paid for what you sign up to do. Volunteering is most often associated with state parks, National Wildlife Refuges, Army Core of Engineers, etc. Workcamping for money is most often done at privately owned campgrounds and businesses. I prefer volunteering because of the locations and I do not need to earn money. Not that I'm rich or anything, but volunteering usually includes a FHU site. That way there is no rent for the months I volunteer. It allows me to have the funds to travel in between assignments.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

We are at the SKP park in Pahrump, NV for a month, then on to the Escapade in Stockton. By then it should be warm enough to head north. If anyone comes this way, look us up on Lot 84A.

Hey, Jeff and Suzanne, thanks again for the ROYAL TOUR of Las Vegas. There was no way we could have crammed that much excitement into two days without such expert tour guides.

icon_cool.gif

Joe and Nancy

Too many roads, too little time.

SKP #81932

Volunteering and getting free FHU site...isn't reported as income?

It is a bit confusing as COE parks in AR have workers who bid for the job, volunteers who get free hookups and some who get paid hourly all at the same park.

Where do you find openings for NWR?

BTW, Judy you are in my old stomping grounds so if you need help finding anything, just ask. But stay away from Crystal Beach this week! LOL

"...it isn't about the thing you do, dear, it's about the thing you leave undone which gives you a bit of heartache at the setting of the sun" M.E. Sangster

Diana and John

"the eskie" Buffy

F-350 (is Tugg) & 38.5' Avion (is Ridley)

Joe and Nancy,

We will be at the Charleston Winery RV Park in Pahrump from the 25th to the 1st of April. Will let you know when we get there.

We just moved from Mesa up to Page Springs RV park in Cornville. Have Oak Creek babbling about 100 feet from the front of the coach. Really neat to hear this afternoon. We got to spend some time with Robert and Shelly this past weekend - - we took them to a SF Giants spring training game with a great 9th inning win for the Giants. And then they took us for Sushi! It was good to see them again. They are staying in a great park, Mesa Spirit. We were at Mesa Regal. Really nice park but big - 2000 spaces! Only problem was that most spaces were filled with Park Models.

Dave enjoyed the spring training game and is hinting that all three teams that he follows (SF Giants, Seattle Mariners and Texas Ranges) have spring training in the Phoenix area, so I have a feeling I know where we will be spending the month of March next year. Hope it isn't as hot as it was last week. icon_eek.gif

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Diane and John,

I use two sources for NWR jobs: Workamper News and www.volunteer.gov/Gov The site is not income as far as IRS is concerned if it is required to fulfill the volunteer assignment(which is implied when you serve 24-32 hrs/wk).

I have had the best results getting an assignment by talking in person to the volunteer coordinator at the site(s) I'm interested in.

Spring break was last week and didn't seem to effect Crystal Beach too much. There were bigger crowds at the sights in Galveston, however. I am enjoying all the birds and visited the rookery in High Island yesterday.

Carpe Diem......Judy Bell

http://travels-with-emma.blogspot.com

icon_smile.gifWell...we met Duane and Louise yesterday and spent the better part of the day and evening with them...what great people...just like I thought..."Fulltimers" are the greatest... icon_biggrin.gif

Te toured around Joshua Tree National Park and the had dinner together...

Looking forward to another chance meeting in future travels... icon_smile.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

oh...I forgot...we have a new Blogspot address, and it is:

http://mikecharlie2007.blogspot.com/

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Well everyone, here we are in the Los Angeles area. Suzanne and I signed up for TV/movie extra work at Central Casting; and, Suzanne got a call this afternoon to be on the TV series "Scrubs" set tomorrow! Unfortunately, we have paid for tour tickets to see all the tourist stuff in Hollywood; so, she had to turn the job down! Oh well, there will be other opportunities. After the Dallas Stars/Anaheim Ducks hockey game on Friday, we are going to concentrate on our acting careers. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

icon_smile.gifHey Jeff and Sue...We're impressed... icon_wink.giflet us know when you're gonna be on a show...we'd love to see you on TV...

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Hey Jeff & Suzanne---Sorry we didn't get to tell you bye, we came by to see you Saturday evening, but you weren't home, so we went ahead and picked up the firewood you gave us. We heard you won a drawing or something, you lucky people...Anyway, we have been back into Vegas a couple of times and we even saw David Hasselhoff walking around Paris where he is in The Producers...We are leaving here tomorrow and heading to Jojoba Hills SKP Park...Hopefully we'll still be there when you get there...Keep us posted on your acting adventures and when we should see you on TV...We enjoyed visiting with you two again...Talk care....

Suzanne & I called Central Casting today; and, they had an extra (actually, it's calld background actor) spot for me on an upcoming episode of "Scrubs". I tape it tomorrow; but, don't know yet what scene(s) I'll be in; or, when the episode will air. I'll post that after tomorrow. Cool. icon_cool.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

icon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gifAbsolutely...won't that be a kick...

We just left Desert Pools in Desert Hot Springs...we are headed to have dinner with Gene and Shirley tonight at Benson , AZ...we will be there 'till about the 3rd of April...what fun...I think we'll start with "Blue Margaritas"... icon_biggrin.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Just to let you know Suzanne will be filming an epidsode of "Shark" on Monday. She'll be in the courtroom gallery and both of us will be filming "The Gilmore Girls" next week. All of these episodes will probably air in May. We're having a blast and will probably stay here at least another month - until the work gives out or we get bored.

icon_biggrin.gifJeff & Sue: Oh Boy, are we proud to know ya...

"Shark" is one of our favorite shows...We watch it every week...

I can't wait to see you guys in the shows...we don't normally watch "Gilmore Girls" but we'll watch it when you guys are on the show...for sure... icon_razz.gif

We are here in Bensom, AZ...Shirley and Gene are here as are "Scuba Dave" and Diane...I presume we will all have dinner here at our place tonight...I'm gonna BBQ Chicken... icon_biggrin.gif

Have a nice day classmates... icon_smile.gif

The weather here today is great it is about 65 degrees and the sun is shinning beautifully... There are a few clouds scattered around and there is a nice breeze...couldn't ask for better weather...I love it... icon_wink.gif

Charlie60

Class of 2006 (09/03/06)

Archived