Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

The Polish Prince Paulie and I are settled into Llano Grande RV Resort in Mercedes Tx. Paul's dad is here at John Knox Retirement Village. He will be 94 in March and he seems to be declining more than we had anticipated. We have decided to bite the bullet and purchase a small single wide here at Llano as a homebase. Both of us are having some health issues...a recent test Paul took indicated that now BOTH of us have Crohn's Disease (how is that possible...it's not contageous as far as the doc says <_< ). I have been having back problems and went for an xray and bone density test. I have 5 (can you believe it?) 5 compression fractures in my back and my osteoporosis is getting worse. Crap. The doc wanted to know how I was able to walk, and said most people would be incapacitated with one. I guess both Paulie and I have high pain tolerences. I have also registered for a sculpture class that starts in January and ends in mid May. We hopefully be ready to travel by then. We will be heading to a wedding in Muskegon MI and want to spend several months with family in both MI and IL.

Merry Christmas to you all and have a wonderful and safe New Year wherever you park your home on wheels. :lol:

Edited by Fedexman

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Classmates!

We are taking a brief break from our Oregon coast winter location to spend a week in the SF area and another week or so in and around Mesa, AZ. We are arriving in CA on the 19th and in Mesa on the 27th. Our time in Arizona is fairly open ended and we hope to see some of you there.

Safe travels everyone!

Gordon and Juanita

Paul and Dennise - Sorry to hear of your health woes. We enjoyed meeting you two back in Sept., and maybe we'll meet again on the road!

Gordan and Juanita - we'll arrive in Mesa on Jan. 4th, so hope you stay at least that long - would love to see you two again.

Duane and Louise - we'll stop off in Deming around the 30th - depending on weather - so we'll look for you!

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas to all.....

Paul & Denise I'm so sorry to hear about your medical problems. Wow! That's some mess your back is in.

Well, looks like there's going to be a gathering in Mesa!! I've never been there so might have to drive up and explore. I arrive in Yuma on the 27th for a two week stay before heading up to "Q". Hmmm, wonder how far it is from Yuma to Mesa? I'll have to check that out.

Steve

Bobby & Shelly,

Where you headed to AFTER Tucson? Any firm plans yet?

Steve

May be awhile before Bobby replies as he is currently in Delaware, Dad died last night after long battle with cancer. As of our visit the other day Shelly was waiting for a call from a hospital in Yuma about a position or she was considering staying at her current hospital in Tuscon. Of course they always have some option unknown at this time.

Dave

Edited by Scubadave

Well, we are headed west. . .in a hurry to dodge winds and snow. We are, regrettably, in Van Horn, TX; we drove more than our customary 200 miles yesterday (see blog), so we can make it to Deming today. ;) After the wind subsides (hopefully) we'll head for a few days in Tuscon to wait out a snow forecast. Then, into Mesa on Jan. 4th. Barb, we sure hope that warmer weather holds out!!!! B):D:P

We are in Post Falls, ID till tomorrow when we go to Lewiston, ID till 1/8 and then we are headed back up to Blaine, WA till the 13th of February when we head out for Texas. I am hoping we can meet some of you along our way.

Weather wise we woke up to 6" of new snow...It is still snowing!

We had a GREAT time visiting with Jeff & Suzanne here at Dream Catchers SKP Park in Deming, NM. Of course we had to go out to eat....lol...went to Abobe Grill and we all had a great steak dinner. Even better then the steak, our son paid for it as a Cristmas present for us. Bless you Jeremy

GREAT is an understatement!! We had not only great company; but, surprise, surprise, surprise. . .our dinner was included in Duane's & Louise's generous gift!! Thanks Jeremy!!!

Bob and Shelly, You have our deepest sympathy during your time of sorrow.

Hope everyone had a good New Years celebration. We are camped in La Posa South in Q for the fourth year. Chilly this am (29.7 degrees)

We will be heading into Mesa from the 2nd to the 6th for some VA appointments. Good Chance we will run into Gordon and Juanita and any others in the area.

Take Care,

Dick and Paula

We will be heading into Mesa from the 2nd to the 6th for some VA appointments. Good Chance we will run into Gordon and Juanita and any others in the area.

Take Care,

Dick and Paula

Hi Dragonthreads (always loved that "handle"). . .we will arrive at Val Vista RV Park on Tuesday for a two month stay. . .look forward to seeing you guys again. We'll wear one of our growing collection of WoW t-shirts! Dick, do you like the Mesa/Phoenix VA? I need to set myself up there when I get in. Stay warm.

Happy New Year to all!

It looks like a fair number of classmates will be gathered in Mesa early this week...maybe we can get something together?? We will be extending our stay to late in the week, Barb and Dave, Dick and Paula, Jeff and Suzanne and Dave and Toni Worley will be in town. Any others???

Jeff and Suzanne...hope things warm up a bit for your arrival!

Bobby and Shelly...you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Our week is pretty much open except for a drive to Surprise as yet unscheduled. We are awaiting the return of the owner of an adoptable five month old beagle puppy...yep, it looks like we are going to jump back into the fire after being beagle free since March. We'll see.....

Our hosts in Mesa have offered a gathering place at their home if we don't want to meet in a noisy restaurant. Maybe a pot luck or something??? Let us know.

We look forward to seeing you all!

Gordon and Juanita