Keeping in touch-Class of 2006

Jeff & Suzanne

I'll help you out, Bobby. Just let me know how..................

mike

@Harmony Ridge RV Resort, Nevada City, California

Hey Gang, Shelly and I are still in Tucson but will be in Mesa on the 31st thru April 3rd, so I can ride in the Tour de Mesa. TDM is a charity event to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphona Society http://www.perimeterbicycling.com/!ETP/ETPhome.html . My ambitious goal is to raise $300 and to complete the 72 mile course. Anyone interested in sponsoring me, please let me know!

I know many have already left Mesa, but if anyone will be in the area, let us know. Always great to see fellow classmates!

We haven't decided were we are heading for the summer yet but should be leaving Tucson around April 20th.

My blah...blah...blah...blog

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much! This disease hits close to home for Shelly and I as we have a close friend that is currently battling Multiple Myeloma.

You can provide cash or a check, payable to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or Perimeter Bicycling Association (sponsor contributions are tax deductible donations as allowed by the Internal Revenue Service) and mail to me at the address below:

Robert Evans

555 N Pantano Rd

Site #305

Tucson, AZ 85710

If you have any questions regarding the organization and/or the event, please let me know.

Thank you for your generosity!

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Full-timing Class of 2006!
Originally from Delaware
2000 American Dream 40' DS
03 Saturn LW200

Check’s in the mail, Bobby. Good luck with your ride…………………mike

Thank you so much! This disease hits close to home for Shelly and I as we have a close friend that is currently battling Multiple Myeloma.

You can provide cash or a check, payable to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society or Perimeter Bicycling Association (sponsor contributions are tax deductible donations as allowed by the Internal Revenue Service) and mail to me at the address below:

Robert Evans

555 N Pantano Rd

Site #305

Tucson, AZ 85710

If you have any questions regarding the organization and/or the event, please let me know.

Hey Bobby, I screwed up and made the check out to you and it‘s my last check till my reorder comes in. I do trust you however. Cheers………………………mike

Robert Evans

555 N Pantano Rd

Site #305

Tucson, AZ 85710

Thank you Mike! LOL, no problem, I will cash it and turn in when I Check In/Packet Pickup on April 1st.

Looking forward to the event. I've been putting allot of miles on the ole bike!

God Bless

Hey Bobby, I screwed up and made the check out to you and it's my last check till my reorder comes in. I do trust you however. Cheers………………………mike

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Ah Reville! Six AM came, and we heard the dulcet(?) sounds of Reville wafting across the area. . .no, not for us, but, the airmen & airwomen stationed here at Nellis AFB. We just turned over, and caught a few more ZZZ's here in the Desert Eagle FamCamp and let them go about defending our country. . .and, from the sounds now of jets overhead, they're doing a good job. It ain't bucolic quiet, but it ain't bad either! :D:blink::lol:

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

"What happens in Vagueness, stays in Vagueness"

Hey, Jeff, it's the great smell of jet fuel in the morning! We are back in Oklahoma now, but we did explore the Valley of fire right next to you guys a few weeks ago. We are going to try to come back there and camp for awhile sometime and really check it out. Amazing! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Duane and Louis,

Would have honked at you when we left this morning, but saw you were already out exploring. Had a great time last night - will see you again when our paths cross. Heading for the central California coast this week and will be working our way towards Sonoma on the 17th.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We landed in San Diego yesterday afternoon where we'll be for a week. Going to take a harbor cruise this afternoon after the storm clouds leave - wouldn't you know it - the "perfect" weather city has a cold front come in while we're here.

Jeff and Suzanne with Scout and Sydney, the Cocker Spaniel Sisters touring in Fawkes the 2012 Phoenix Cruiser 2400 Sprinter

• 2 weeks later...

We have arrived in Wine Countrylaugh.gif We're in Cloverdale at the north end of the Sonoma Valley and will be here until May 1st.

My cold is FINALLY getting better. Had laryngitis for over a week, which I'm sure Dave appreciated.wink.gif

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We're at the Seal Beach FamCamp until May 1st. Hope to catch up with some friends, see the Queen Mary, and take a whale watching cruise out of Dana Point. Then on to Yosemite!

We're leaving Long Beach, Washington for a short drive to Grayland Beach State Park just to the north. We will begin a slow drive back to Oregon by the end of the week and arrive in Port Orford on about May 8. We hope to see some of the '06 bunch and others during the summer months on the Oregon coast.

Safe travels everyone!!

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

After enjoying the last six months in Benson, AZ we are moving tomorrow. Working our way slowly north and hoping to miss all that nasty weather. First stop on the travel 150 miles stay for two day plan is Globe, AZ. Plan is to be in Caldwell, ID about the 20th of May for about five weeks of grand kid fix.

Dave and Diane

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Left Tucson Friday slowly heading toward Vermont for the summer. However, after a wind storm in Deming (Dream Catcher) Sunday afternoon, we're stuck here for a few extra days. We're busy trying to get our car window replaced after it got shattered by the wind and stones (chips out of the rest of the drivers side windows). Coach also took a beating but so far we haven't found any major damage (except drivers mirror glass all chipped up). Even cleaned stones/rocks off the roof on the coach! Geezz, 60+ mph winds here today too!

Stay safe out there gang!

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

So sorry to hear of the wind damage Robert and Shelley. For some reason, every time we are at Dream Catcher, there is bad weather, but we can't be blamed for this one! We're in Seal Beach, CA!

Hello everyone.

Sorry to hear about the wind damage, Robert and Shelly. I didn't know 60 mph winds could do so much damage.

We are having a wonderful time giving tours and generally helping out at Pipe Spring National Monument on the Arizona Strip. We enjoy giving talks and demos about pioneer crafts, telegraphy and Leave No Trace principles, as well. There are so many places to see around here that we never seem to take a day at home. Zion NP is just over the mesa behind us and the Parashant and Escallante Grand Staircase NMs beckon to be explored. We are off this morning to pay back a ranger who pulled us out of a big sandpile near Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP. We were trying to see some dinosaur tracks. Next vehicle needs to be high clearance, because we will definitely return to this area. Weather? hmmm... water hose froze last night. Will again tonight probably. We did see 80 once so far this spring. And the wind? yes, there is one. Gusts yesterday above 40. We call the weather service if we notice wind speed above 55mph. Yes. we have done that. Still, Great place to settle for three months. And we plan an extra week as we leave here to kayak Glen Canyon and Lake Powell and hike Antelope Canyon. Then we will have about a month in Colorado before heading east to see family. Life is Good.

Safe travels all.

Gail and Keith

Gail n Keith

and Cocoa Puff the fuzzball

1999 Dutch Star with Cruze toad.

We are currently in Chinle, AZ. Spent yesterday on an eight hour sixty mile guided truck tour of Canyon De Chelly National Monument. Those that would like to see about 70 pictures of canyon walls from the bottom up along with some ruins can do so at https://picasaweb.google.com/Scubadave2000/April2011# Tomorrow it is off to Bluff, UT.

cat called Anne May

Lifetime SKP member 93117

2021 Renegade Classic 45' DD13 with a DT12 

Thanks gang!

Actually the issue was we had a huge dust devil pass directly over the car and coach. But the real problem was that Dream Catcher is a dirt/rock/stone parking lot and the devil just picked it all up and pelted us. Others in the park said, "WOW we couldn't even see your coach for a few moments!"

Oh well, we are safe and had the car fixed Tuesday in Silver Springs.

We are currently in Meade, KS heading to Cottonwood Falls, KS today.

------
Bobby & Shelly Evans
SKP #94865
Originally from Delaware
03 Saturn LW200

Wow Robert & Shelly. . .you were having your own private mini-tornado! Glad things are back to running speed! We are now at Park Of The Sierras, Site #564 until the end of May. Love the quiet after having spent many weeks near Navy bases.

Bob & Shelly - sorry to hear about the "gravel devil" you ran into. For us, Deming always equals wind.

We're at Timber Valley SKP Co-Op in Sutherlin Oregon for the week parked next to Gordon and Juanita! We're going wine tasting tomorrow because 2 weeks worth of vineyards in Sonoma wasn't enough! laugh.gif

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Wine before its time...quite possibly since we are parked next door to Barb and Dave. B) We toured three nice wineries in the Umpqua Valley of Oregon today and more on on the schedule for tomorrow. Of course, Barb and Dave talked us into dropping a few dimes on a bottle or two...or three...or more. Oh well, who's counting.

We hope to see some of you during our summer stay in Port Orford.

Gordon

Seeing the USA in our Chevrolet
Full timing since 3/11/2006
Blog: http://www.mytripjournal.com/USAChevrolet

Well, the time has come.......

Friday I had surgery on my sinus.....finnishing up the root canal & crown is waiting recovery from the sinus. Physical theropy is waiting on my shoulder, maybe also my knee, and maybe surgery on the shoulder.

Gonna have to park it.

I've rented a house in Marysville, CA until I can get all the medical stuff taken care of here then, around the end of the year, I'll decide what to do with the rest of my life.

Full time rv-ing is a chapter I believe has closed, but, like the Hams, you never know!

Steve

2002 34' Hurricane

2001 Saturn SL2

2 tabby cats (CiCi & Leo)

Archived