Winnebago "All Electric" - saw one in the park

Hi Bruce, I saw Toyota has several Hydrogen models for sale, do you have one on order?

I'm not entering the hydrogen debate either. However, at the very bottom of your video under "Show More:" is this:

"DISCLAIMER: Our channel is purely made for entertainment purposes, based on facts, rumors, and fiction."

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Rich that is an interesting vehicle. Lots of alternative EV vehicles being tested/developed today. 

Thanks for the heads up!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

5 hours ago, usbusin said:

108 mile range!  Prototype only.

https://www.winnebago.com/all-electric

Tanks for that article usbusin. I am going to insert the YouTube video it included:

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

Hi Bruce, I saw Toyota has several Hydrogen models for sale, do you have one on order?

I'm not entering the hydrogen debate either. However, at the very bottom of your video under "Show More:" is this:

"DISCLAIMER: Our channel is purely made for entertainment purposes, based on facts, rumors, and fiction."

Right on RV. But if you search around you will find many similar news/stories along the same lines. I posted a random link.

My point is that the future hasn't yet been decided. They are always promising break throughs with new batteries. Same with hydrogen. Base load green electricity hasn't yet been solved. Plenty of promises. Will green energy be enough to recharges a billion or so EVs? Can they solve the hydrogen storage and transport issues? 

I've said a number of times that I'm all for change. But not with my tax money. Not by governments 'forcing' me to change. Let the free market make the change. After all they never band horses did they? But the public drove, pun intended, the change to ICEs.

Australia's government is 'giving' tax money to those who buy an EV. A$7000.00 the last I heard. That's my tax money. It's going to those who can afford an EV. The 'poor' folks can't even afford a used ICE so how is this change going to happen if the vast majority can't afford it?

Get politics out of it and let the market decide. 

19 hours ago, bruce t said:

Right on RV. But if you search around you will find many similar news/stories along the same lines. I posted a random link.

And there it is. Confirmation bias much?  That argument is similar to old folks saying they should not have to pay school taxes because they don't have kids in school.

You said "My point is that the future hasn't yet been decided. They are always promising break throughs with new batteries. Same with hydrogen. Base load green electricity hasn't yet been solved. Plenty of promises. Will green energy be enough to recharges a billion or so EVs? Can they solve the hydrogen storage and transport issues? "

Can you buy a hydrogen car retail there from the manufacturer like Tesla or at a dealer? I cannot buy a hydrogen car retail here in the US at a dealer or anywhere that I know of.

I don't need any breakthroughs in EV batteries - I drive one that gets 330 miles range, is AWD, has LTE and streaming onboard, does 0-60 in about 4 seconds, and costs between 10 and 12 bucks to go 330 miles. Here is an article with 43 different EVs available right now to purchase in the US. I will buy another but want to see if the M3P comes out as well as pricing for the Cybertruck. Yes I have read about the few Toyota Hydrogen vehicles for sale in Japan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-electric-cars-for-sale-2021-4#:~:text=The 19 electric vehicles you can buy new,I-Pace — %2469%2C850 Jaguar I-Pace. ... More items

Where do you fuel hydrogen cars over there? ( I did not bring up hydrogen for the future for a lot of informed reasons, you brought it up.)  However I can now buy EVs from every major manufacturer and about ten or twenty new startups like Polestar, Rivian, Lucid and more than just Tesla! More to the point every home in America that can afford a new car has electricity in their own home, apartments, and workplaces. And I can charge everywhere in 30 minutes or less.

Where can we refuel a hydrogen vehicle now here in the US? Never mind buy one. Do we already have a hydrogen fueling system in place in each house and is it cheap enough that I can afford to make hydrogen at my house like I can make and store solar?

BTW, my Solar system with two power-walls, because we are planning for two Teslas, is $39,668. That is about $10.5k less than the average cost of a new gasoline car! This my current estimate, public knowledge, no brag, and getting cheaper and more efficient by the day. Here is my quote from last week:

4VXXr8Rl.jpg

Is every two car family rich and worthy of jealousy? 😉

The cost of EVs is coming down but they cost about the same as the average gas used car does today, ~$50k. So if a family has two cars when they go to get a new one they are surprised when I tell them mine cost about the same as gas cars. However in both gas and EVs you can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for status symbols. But and play stealership games.saying EVs are too expensive is just plain ignorance

I actually drive a Model Y EV daily and charge it in my garage, no improvements needed. I can drive cross country with chargers available everywhere and no range anxiety. I am buying another but just decided to wait until the end of the year as Tesla is coming out with the M3P batteries this year for their cars and trucks. Lynda loves her Subaru but is ready to have a second EV so we are no longer subject to price gouged Fossil fuels. If Hydrogen vehicles became available and we could fuel them at home and on the road without range anxiety we will make one of our cars hydrogen too.

Keep voting with your wallet and I will keep voting with mine.

Myths busted in this post with authoritative sources.

1. EVs are too expensive.

2. EVs don't have sufficient battery density, range, or lifespan, they already do at the average gas new car prices.

3. The false idea that Hydrogen is as easy to do and somehow will not cost as much? And clean energy?? They use petroleum and methane as sources to make hydrogen as of today.

4. That EVs are only for the wealthy and Solar battery systems are even higher - Not.

5. Hydrogen cars are a viable alternative to EVs. Not today. You let me know when they have home hydrogen power generation systems that produce power for the house and stores hydrogen for fueling the vehicles, and those Hydrogen fueling stations are available everywhere for long trips.

I want to thank you Bruce for bringing up things others also may misunderstand and might want the actual facts about.

Have you seen me post about dirty and clean energy for gas and diesel like you have? I will say this, that is like the pot calling the kettle black. I am a car enthusiast and RV enthusiast. 😊The naysayers keep trying to pin tree-hugger on EV owners but that is only true for some few.  I loved my gas vehicles then, and I love my EV now.

My EV is faster, cheaper to run, and handles better than even my 911 Porsche did.

And they are cheaper to run, fuel/charge wise and less maintenance which translates to cheaper. And the fastest cars in the world.

I was at Porsche the other day and my friend there told me his new 911 that cost $700,000.00 Would beat my model 3. But I have the slowest Tesla. The Tesla Plaid costs more but it will beat the Porsche but the Tesla Plaid only costs ~$125,000.00! If having the Porsche 911 styling and the Porsche name badge is worth $575,000 more I am fine with that. However not to me. I have owned my 911 Targa, and I am not out to impress or save the planet, just having the best handling and speed and range in this price range is good enough for me, see I am not rich, I'd have to sell my house to get that, just like many had to sell their houses to buy their RV. The only problem is we can't live in a Porsche! 😮 But if it meant enough to me I might try to save and go back to work and expand my investments. NOT!

Have a great day. You are preaching to the wrong crowd here. Get your fellow Australians to vote your way. But like death and taxes, you can't stop progress. My FIL died in 2016 and refused to have a computer in the house and refused to have a cell phone. But he was fine with A/C and his Toyota Tacoma, his LED large screen TV, and had a landline until he passed. My MIL had a cellphone but did not want to fight him over having a computer after he said he would never allow one in his house. He just was afraid he would embarrass himself by not being able to use one, although he would never say that out loud.

Safe travels down under!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

1 hour ago, RV_ said:

And there it is. Confirmation bias much?  That argument is similar to old folks saying they should not have to pay school taxes because they don't have kids in school.

You said "My point is that the future hasn't yet been decided. They are always promising break throughs with new batteries. Same with hydrogen. Base load green electricity hasn't yet been solved. Plenty of promises. Will green energy be enough to recharges a billion or so EVs? Can they solve the hydrogen storage and transport issues? "

Can you buy a hydrogen car retail there from the manufacturer like Tesla or at a dealer? I cannot buy a hydrogen car retail here in the US at a dealer or anywhere that I know of.

I don't need any breakthroughs in EV batteries - I drive one that gets 330 miles range, is AWD, has LTE and streaming onboard, does 0-60 in about 4 seconds, and costs between 10 and 12 bucks to go 330 miles. Here is an article with 43 different EVs available right now to purchase in the US. I will buy another but want to see if the M3P comes out as well as pricing for the Cybertruck. Yes I have read about the few Toyota Hydrogen vehicles for sale in Japan.

https://www.businessinsider.com/new-electric-cars-for-sale-2021-4#:~:text=The 19 electric vehicles you can buy new,I-Pace — %2469%2C850 Jaguar I-Pace. ... More items

Where do you fuel hydrogen cars over there? ( I did not bring up hydrogen for the future for a lot of informed reasons, you brought it up.)  However I can now buy EVs from every major manufacturer and about ten or twenty new startups like Polestar, Rivian, Lucid and more than just Tesla! More to the point every home in America that can afford a new car has electricity in their own home, apartments, and workplaces. And I can charge everywhere in 30 minutes or less.

Where can we refuel a hydrogen vehicle now here in the US? Never mind buy one. Do we already have a hydrogen fueling system in place in each house and is it cheap enough that I can afford to make hydrogen at my house like I can make and store solar?

BTW, my Solar system with two power-walls, because we are planning for two Teslas, is $39,668. That is about $10.5k less than the average cost of a new gasoline car! This my current estimate, public knowledge, no brag, and getting cheaper and more efficient by the day. Here is my quote from last week:

4VXXr8Rl.jpg

Is every two car family rich and worthy of jealousy? 😉

The cost of EVs is coming down but they cost about the same as the average gas used car does today, ~$50k. So if a family has two cars when they go to get a new one they are surprised when I tell them mine cost about the same as gas cars. However in both gas and EVs you can spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for status symbols. But and play stealership games.saying EVs are too expensive is just plain ignorance

I actually drive a Model Y EV daily and charge it in my garage, no improvements needed. I can drive cross country with chargers available everywhere and no range anxiety. I am buying another but just decided to wait until the end of the year as Tesla is coming out with the M3P batteries this year for their cars and trucks. Lynda loves her Subaru but is ready to have a second EV so we are no longer subject to price gouged Fossil fuels. If Hydrogen vehicles became available and we could fuel them at home and on the road without range anxiety we will make one of our cars hydrogen too.

Keep voting with your wallet and I will keep voting with mine.

Myths busted in this post with authoritative sources.

1. EVs are too expensive.

2. EVs don't have sufficient battery density, range, or lifespan, they already do at the average gas new car prices.

3. The false idea that Hydrogen is as easy to do and somehow will not cost as much? And clean energy?? They use petroleum and methane as sources to make hydrogen as of today.

4. That EVs are only for the wealthy and Solar battery systems are even higher - Not.

5. Hydrogen cars are a viable alternative to EVs. Not today. You let me know when they have home hydrogen power generation systems that produce power for the house and stores hydrogen for fueling the vehicles, and those Hydrogen fueling stations are available everywhere for long trips.

I want to thank you Bruce for bringing up things others also may misunderstand and might want the actual facts about.

Have you seen me post about dirty and clean energy for gas and diesel like you have? I will say this, that is like the pot calling the kettle black. I am a car enthusiast and RV enthusiast. 😊The naysayers keep trying to pin tree-hugger on EV owners but that is only true for some few.  I loved my gas vehicles then, and I love my EV now.

My EV is faster, cheaper to run, and handles better than even my 911 Porsche did.

And they are cheaper to run, fuel/charge wise and less maintenance which translates to cheaper. And the fastest cars in the world.

I was at Porsche the other day and my friend there told me his new 911 that cost $700,000.00 Would beat my model 3. But I have the slowest Tesla. The Tesla Plaid costs more but it will beat the Porsche but the Tesla Plaid only costs ~$125,000.00! If having the Porsche 911 styling and the Porsche name badge is worth $575,000 more I am fine with that. However not to me. I have owned my 911 Targa, and I am not out to impress or save the planet, just having the best handling and speed and range in this price range is good enough for me, see I am not rich, I'd have to sell my house to get that, just like many had to sell their houses to buy their RV. The only problem is we can't live in a Porsche! 😮 But if it meant enough to me I might try to save and go back to work and expand my investments. NOT!

Have a great day. You are preaching to the wrong crowd here. Get your fellow Australians to vote your way. But like death and taxes, you can't stop progress. My FIL died in 2016 and refused to have a computer in the house and refused to have a cell phone. But he was fine with A/C and his Toyota Tacoma, his LED large screen TV, and had a landline until he passed. My MIL had a cellphone but did not want to fight him over having a computer after he said he would never allow one in his house. He just was afraid he would embarrass himself by not being able to use one, although he would never say that out loud.

Safe travels down under!

RV I haven't even bothered to read your post. Whatever I, or others say, you will spend time on the internet looking for something to cut and paste. You win. I bow to your superior intellect and wisdom. I'm off to harness my horse.

1 hour ago, bruce t said:

RV I haven't even bothered to read your post. Whatever I, or others say, you will spend time on the internet looking for something to cut and paste. You win. I bow to your superior intellect and wisdom. I'm off to harness my horse.

I like writing, so you triggered nothing. The data is now here for those others interested the data.

If it upsets you that EVs work then don't read the threads about them. I don't think you were on the forums in 2000-2004 when I was totally into Hydrogen for cars and energy. Everyone here on the forum was against Hydrogen for cars because of lack of infrastructure. Me and others here thought it might be cleaner but it proved not to be so. They make it from methane and oil using coal and oil to power the extraction, transport (not counting spills) and refinement of it to fuels. Many members here since the start of the forums in 1999 like Lou, Stan, and Kirk remember those discussions in 2000 to 2003.

You said I spend time looking for cut and paste? Do you have time owning an EV of any kind? I have four years driving and owning one. Didn't cut and paste that. I drive one, so I speak from experience, not just reading headlines. I have skin in the game. You?

You see EVs have been ready for prime time since 2008 from one manufacturer and more added by the day. Today we can buy at least 43 different EVs for sale right now in the US so it sure isn't just about Tesla, they are just done with initial development and economies of scale resulting in high margins, and are working on their own continuous improvements.

My car is fine and a supercar class as is! It is not waiting for development or even the inevitable improvements over time. The Model Y does not need them today. It just works, to borrow a phrase.

Rich, so as not to end on a sour note:

Thanks again for the kewl prototype EV RV from Winnebago. Or would it be RV EV? 🤷‍♂️

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

RV FWIW I joined SKP's back in the 1990's. Does that count for anything? Nah. Who cares.

Another FWIW. I have a piece of paper hanging around somewhere. It's my qualification as a "Dispute resolution and mediator 'something' ". I'm not looking for it for the exact words. But one thing I did learn early on. Is that at soon as someone starts to get personal then they have lost the debate. Think about it for just a moment.

Our SKP numbers are only roughly 3000 apart! Great!

However I was talking about being active on the forums here when we discussed hydrogen and unanimously agreed it would not happen because infrastructure.

Was it "Conflict Resolution?"

Here's something I taught in the military:

https://www.simplypsychology.org/cognitive-therapy.html

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

3 hours ago, bruce t said:

RV I joined SKPs back in 1996. Let my membership laps in 2000. Then rejoined. Hence the higher number.

You must not have told them that you were a returning member as you could have retained the original number, had they known. Our son dropped out and then returned but didn't have his precious number, then later got it changed back to the lower number. There is also a current member who shares your last name.  🙂 If you are comparing dates of joining, you may want to compare active membership years. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Interesting conversation about solar and hydrogen cars.  I retired back in 2016 and not long before that, one of my co-workers leased a hydrogen car as his commuter car.  He had a place near where he lived that he could fill up at, and he could make the round trip to work and back without needing to refill anywhere.  I have no idea how long he kept it as I didn’t keep up with him once I retired.

My employer was a big outfit and they looked at installing a hydrogen filling station at one point.  The logistics/infrastructure turned out to be pretty significant, there were additional safety concerns, and they ended up scrapping the project (2015, I think).

There was a researcher/scientist that at least 10 years ago or more came up with a way of using borax with something else to produce hydrogen for fuel - the idea was that it would be a canister system where you would exchange an expended canister for a new one, and the borax could be recharged at a facility somewhere.  I don’t remember the details now, but it sounded like a possible way of making hydrogen cars more practical from an infrastructure point of view.  I read about the research and then never heard anything more about it.  Lots of possible reasons why it might not have worked commercially (mining the borax, whatever process it was that would charge the borax could have been cost-prohibitive, etc.).

Personally, I think Teslas are very cool cars (a friend of mine has one)!  I used to own a Prius and loved it - I sold it after 5 years when it had something like 180,000 miles on it.  The person who bought it from me sold it after 5 years (car was 10 years old) and it had 280,000 miles on it.  It wasn’t a plug-in but it was sure nice.

I’m patiently waiting for the day when both my TV and TT can be energy independent - where I can dry camp for as long as I want and not have to plug in or fill up anywhere.  I could drive 3 or 4 days of around 300 - 400 miles in a row without having to worry about charges or fuel etc.  Where my TV would be capable of towing a 10,000+ lb trailer and all my stuff (high payload).  The technology isn’t there yet, but I keep hoping that it will get there before I have to hang up the keys.  Maybe there will be a breakthrough that will make it possible.  I keep cheering on the researchers and hoping.

2 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

I keep cheering on the researchers and hoping.

Absolutely. The entire thing has very strong parallels to the shift from horses to cars that it is amazing. A few minor edits in the remarks both pro and con and they would fit into the 1900 - 1920 time period.  And just as the 1908 Model T change the car market but then faded into history, the same will be true of the EV's available today. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Some years back folks were falling over themselve converting their cars to LPG. There were specialist fitters everywhere. It was the "future". Now where are they? Gas stations have removed their filling browsers. The environmentalists now want to ban ALL gas. 

Be wary of those who promise a new future. Remember Beta v VHS?

Kirk I don't recall the circumstance of our renewal. So maybe I just wasn't aware that I could keep my old number. Back in 1996 we had to move our address, insurance etc from Georgia to Texas. I think I was with Alexander and Alexander insurance and they had some issues with us not having a SSN. Hence the move to Texas and SKPs. 

Edited by bruce t

14 hours ago, durangodon said:

My Daddy can beat your Daddy at dom-i-noes.

😉

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

On 5/7/2023 at 9:40 AM, fpmtngal said:

I’m patiently waiting for the day when both my TV and TT can be energy independent - where I can dry camp for as long as I want and not have to plug in or fill up anywhere.  I could drive 3 or 4 days of around 300 - 400 miles in a row without having to worry about charges or fuel etc.  Where my TV would be capable of towing a 10,000+ lb trailer and all my stuff (high payload).  The technology isn’t there yet, but I keep hoping that it will get there before I have to hang up the keys.  Maybe there will be a breakthrough that will make it possible.  I keep cheering on the researchers and hoping.

Excellent post and my experience as well.

I too would love to have that in an RV. The best I can do is to have that in my house which I will soon with Tesla Solar and two Powerwalls. I'll post in a few months when I have it installed and charged a few times.

I don't know if you were a member of these forums  back 2000-2006 or so when we were discussing hydrogen cars because Toyota or Honda or both were had just a couple of Hydrogen fueling stations in California.

I 2004 I wrote about what we needed and just found that post in my Documents and will post it in "Other Topics" Funny how it all happened including the Telcos letting Cable take over the Internet because they balked at the cost of fiber in the first decade.

Sometimes it is fun to see where we've been.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

There are two articles on Hydrogen vehicles I wrote for these forums in 2004 and 2005. I was hoping hydrogen would work. Then I found that it is made with fossil fuels and the catalyst for efficient mass electrolysis of water just hasn't happened yet.

As well I realized that water is not readily available everywhere as sunlight is. And today water is becoming scarcer. They will be in "Other Topics" too.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Back to the original topic.

I searched the internet until I found photos of the interior. Um. The induction burner is hidden under the counter top until you pull it out thereby blocking access to the sliding door. The fridge is under that same counter but facing sideways. So you need to be sure you get everything you'll need out of the fridge before you start cooking. All Class B RVs have trade off so you have to decide if that one works for you.

I would not be able to live in this one because of the bed. You have to climb up on the dinette seats to get to the bed which I can no longer do. Sure makes loading things under the bed though the back door easy, though.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van