Fuel price notice

ddm502001

Howdy All,

Prices here are up over 50 a gallon from what they were a week / 10 days ago, living in the Peoples Republik of Washington, is so wonderful.  If I were younger I'd move in a heartbeat.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

1 hour ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Is it ever going to stop????? I remember when a gallon of gas was .65 .

I also have pictures of my grandpa's service station and gas was .05 per gallon in Arma Kansas.

Our grandkids are going to look back on today's prices one day and think that they are cheap!

Groceries in the 1960's:

https://www.thepeoplehistory.com/60sfood.html

Here are some gas prices from years ago:

https://www.energy.gov/eere/vehicles/fact-741-august-20-2012-historical-gasoline-prices-1929-2011

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Not in Washington state.

https://ecology.wa.gov/Air-Climate/Climate-Commitment-Act/Cap-and-invest

The first auction was held in last month and the state tax was 300 million dollars.  That was much more than the state expected.  The initial auction excluded the oil companies in the initial round, but the french fry potato processors were hit real hard I think.  The next auction includes the oil refineries.

Next auction, I believe is in a few months and then we will see the increase in gas prices, probably in the neighborhood of another 40 to 50 cents a gallon.  The goal is to reduce transportation CO2 emissions by 20% in the near future.  The expectation is that will result in $8.00/ gallon gasoline probably within five to ten years.

California, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia have all passed similar legislation.  AND the dollars collected do NOT go to transportation.  It is the perfect tax from a governmental point of view.  The tax is imposed on the business and used for general governmental expenditures.  Most people will blame the business.

The interesting part is to reduce CO2 emissions from transportation will require $8.00 a gallon gas.  We can reduce CO2 emissions by 20% by simply driving 55 MPH again.  The Governors of Oregon, Washington, and California can do that tomorrow, they alone have the authority.

For some reason, they want the money.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, Vladimir said:

We can reduce CO2 emissions by 20% by simply driving 55 MPH again.

Hmmm...  I wonder how much CO2 is released by carbonated beverages?  Ban all soft drinks!!!!!  But not beer.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Local Gal, does Greenhouse plant starts during Winter, HAS to add CO2 from Tanks to get ^ up to get them to grow, they prefer around 550-600ppm or around .04-.05% in air.  She noted that UNDER .03 where the CC Crazies want it, plants stop growing, ALL plants Stop.  Was just noted in a Emissions device hearing, that over 100,000 years ago was OVER 1000ppm or close to a Full Percent in air.  Was that way during Dino Days and into Younger Dryas.

Since this topic was posted, I've paid particular attention to the oil futures on the commodity exchange, and local diesel prices.  Both have slipped downwards.  If there was a move coming, the futures market would be the first indicator.  It's been floating around $80/bbl for weeks.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

On 4/17/2023 at 6:22 PM, rickeieio said:

Hmmm...  I wonder how much CO2 is released by carbonated beverages?  Ban all soft drinks!!!!!  But not beer.

You have it backwards.  CO2 in sodas is captured from the atmosphere, then re-released as carbonation.  Net gain = 0.

Beer, on the other hand, creates new CO2 from the fermentation.  So logically beer should be banned first.

Howdy All,

The push for electric vehicles has very little if ANYTHING to do with saving the planet, it has EVERYTHING to do with CONTROL of free movement and travel to anywhere at anytime by anyone.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

10 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

The push for electric vehicles has very little if ANYTHING to do with saving the planet, it has EVERYTHING to do with CONTROL of free movement and travel to anywhere at anytime by anyone.

Dave

LOL

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

3 minutes ago, pjstough said:

LOL

Laugh if you will, or you could simply open your eyes and your mind to what is happening.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg