Class 8 conversion for fifth wheel

Mikomi1

That's a bit like asking what it costs to raise a child.  The variables are endless.  We have no idea of your skill levels, whether you want something pretty new, what state you might license in, etc.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

It also depends on what you final goal is. If all you want to do is haul a 5th wheel RV, you only need to do a few things to a class 8 truck. Add a Jackaloppe for the wiring converter. Add a brake controller like a Tuson Direct Link. Add fenders to protect the RV, either move the commercial hitch towards the rear of the truck so you can turn the trailer without hitting the truck or better yet replace the commercial big hitch with an RV style air ride hitch and mount it at the rear between the frame rails. This part may be the hardest as you typically have to add a little bit of frame to do it. 

Anything else you do is just extra like making a hauler bed, carrying a smart car, adding extra water tanks, adding a generator, adding storage compartments, etc....

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

For me it was worth the bother to build the bed and so on to convert a HDT.  At least at that time which was around 18 years ago.  Today it would be more of a challenge than I  might be ready for and I doubt I would try it. Depending on what you want it can be a project and the lifting and work involved is significant.  At least for me it was.  I carry a Subaru length wise so the frame is extended and it has 100 gallon water and waste tanks along with toolboxes.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Apparently, when o/p didn't get an answer in 21 minutes, (according to his profile stats),  he left empty handed.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net