replacing refrigerator in my Teton

Mine died. Found a replacement at Home Depot but it looks doubtful It will fit thru door. Mine is a 26cf unit. Any one else changed with this size? Saw a video about it. Went thru window after it was removed

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

When we replaced our fridge , I removed the door , including the jam ( frame ) , to get the new unit inside . 

That gave us about 1/4" on either side clearance . Slow and easy got it done .

The side window was the next move that wasn't needed . It's pretty easy to remove the complete window with frame . Just have to be sure to add caulk or replace the seal when putting it back in place . 

Then there's the height that has to be dealt with . If you have many hands or a fork lift ... ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Emergency exit not but 15" opening one way. 42 wide but that 15 not working. So glass will have to come out. Watched some you tube videos and seems fairly easy. Window is 42x48 so plenty opening for fridge. Bad part forcast is rain that day it arrives

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

10 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

When we replaced our fridge , I removed the door , including the jam ( frame ) , to get the new unit inside . 

That gave us about 1/4" on either side clearance . Slow and easy got it done .

The side window was the next move that wasn't needed . It's pretty easy to remove the complete window with frame . Just have to be sure to add caulk or replace the seal when putting it back in place . 

Then there's the height that has to be dealt with . If you have many hands or a fork lift ... ;)

depth of mine is 33". 36" wide. Won't go thru our door/25 3/4".

Edited by GlennWest

Take the door off, both the fridge, and the trailer. Grease the sides of fridge with bacon grease. Hold your tongue just right. Easy peasy.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Our new fridge came a couple days before we were ready for it . We just put it under the big awning and plugged it in to make sure it functioned properly , until I was ready . 

I learned a long time ago that new doesn't guarantee it will be right , out of the box . ;)

It's too big a job to have to do it more than absolutely necessary .

Just a note. Teton had glued beautiful wood to front of our fridge. It seems a shame to throw away but it is on good. But i was surprised at how heavy the doors were due to this wood. 

23 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Just a note. Teton had glued beautiful wood to front of our fridge. It seems a shame to throw away but it is on good. But i was surprised at how heavy the doors were due to this wood. 

Too bad the wood is glued on .

Our Norcold 4 door had thick oak face wood that was held in place with side channels . I removed the wood . Made the doors half the weight . After the new fridge was in place , there was about 10" of open space on the side . I cut the removed wood and made a couple of vented doors to cover that open space . Turned out pretty decent . 

006.jpg

Edited by Pat & Pete

4 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Thank you. I posted this to show that wood I am going to have to trash. sad

Have you tried a putty knife between the wood and metal to force them apart ? 

I guess it depends on the type of glue and how much they used . :(

13 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I got the short boards off where the water dispenser was. Work on long section tomorrow. It don't give up easy.

Ha . If they came off too easy they'd have been on the floor every time you moved the rig . 

It's just a little test of your determination . ;)

I got the wood off today. Stored away. Fridge gone to scrapyard now. Wife and I taking today realized the only other item in our home that hasn't been replaced is the dryer. Well fireplace also but it don't work either just not replaced yet. So 20 year mark it. 

Edited by GlennWest

27 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I got the wood off today. Stored away. Fridge gone to scrapyard now. Wife and I taking today realized the only other item in our home that hasn't been replaced is the dryer. Well fireplace also but it don't work either just not replaced yet. So 20 year mark it. 

Good you won the battle . ;)

We were fortunate that one of the park maintenance guys was a scarper and gladly took our old fridge , once we got it outside the rig . 

30 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Man at scrapyard actually was going to pay me for it. I was so glad to find a way to dispose of it I declined. 

I had wondered how I was going to do away with our old fridge , too . Then the fellow came by and offered to load it on his pickup . 

Didn't take more than a breath and a smile to start helping him load it . ;)