Whoa, Nellie!

Tulecreeper

I don't have the backstory for this, only the picture. I can tell that the truck is a short bed GM truck, which have a straight driveshaft, and you can see the universal joint is pulled away from the rear end lying just beyond the front portion of the springs. The damage on the left side is even worse. The tire over there is partially visible behind the bumper, and it seems that the spring pack is torn away from it's forward shackle. In any case B&W has a good photo to advertise their hitch strength! With a fully floating axle (8 bolt hub) so it's a 2500 at least. Half-ton are semi-floaters, and have 6-bolt hubs.

338042064_606399058197164_5276472051354973549_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=EJQWPz6hm2wAX_Gs3jz&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=00_AfBLXP7Q0eeRSA-QE94ZLLjLm0TyHyylshha7xAM6hn0Xw&oe=642B5F1C

Edited by Tulecreeper

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

On 4/1/2023 at 12:40 PM, Tulecreeper said:

I don't have the backstory for this, only the picture. I can tell that the truck is a short bed GM truck, which have a straight driveshaft, and you can see the universal joint is pulled away from the rear end lying just beyond the front portion of the springs. The damage on the left side is even worse. The tire over there is partially visible behind the bumper, and it seems that the spring pack is torn away from it's forward shackle. In any case B&W has a good photo to advertise their hitch strength! With a fully floating axle (8 bolt hub) so it's a 2500 at least. Half-ton are semi-floaters, and have 6-bolt hubs.

338042064_606399058197164_5276472051354973549_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=EJQWPz6hm2wAX_Gs3jz&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-2.xx&oh=00_AfBLXP7Q0eeRSA-QE94ZLLjLm0TyHyylshha7xAM6hn0Xw&oe=642B5F1C

You used a Facebook picture and the URL has expired so no one can see it. You need a hosting site like I use that is free.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

8 minutes ago, RV_ said:

You used a Facebook picture and the URL has expired so no one can see it. You need a hosting site like I use that is free.

No, I copied a picture from a US Navy Chief Petty Officer site I belong to, but the result is the same.

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

3 minutes ago, Tulecreeper said:

No, I copied a picture from a US Navy Chief Petty Officer site I belong to, but the result is the same.

If you click on the picture icon it takes you to a FaceBook link you will see in your address bar. So your buddy did that. I only know about that because Kirk used to do that a while back and I finally figured it out.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

When I see/hear about something like this, my first thought is; I wonder when  the owner last had his undercarriage inspected.

Me, I inspect the entire under-side of my vehicles when I grease the fittings. Of course things mechanical do break regardless of inspection schedule.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

15 hours ago, RV_ said:

14 hours ago, Tulecreeper said:

The easiest way I have found to use a picture from Facebook to this forum is to first right click the pic, then choose Save image as ... which will save it to your computer at the location and with the name you choose. To get it here, enter the text you want in a post and then use the choose files... you see below. This way the pic ends up in your post with no external links needed. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

2 hours ago, Chalkie said:

The easiest way I have found to use a picture from Facebook to this forum is to first right click the pic, then choose Save image as ... which will save it to your computer at the location and with the name you choose. To get it here, enter the text you want in a post and then use the choose files... you see below. This way the pic ends up in your post with no external links needed. 

Or, you can just do a screenshot. Jay

5 hours ago, Chalkie said:

2 hours ago, Jaydrvr said:

Or, you can just do a screenshot. Jay

Guys, I was and am posting about how to post pics here on the SKP's forums. For that you need it hosted. You can use a FaceBook pic here following my steps but that will expire. Then we see empty pic frames with the broken link icon.

I said not to use FB pics because they will expire then disappear.

If you have a way to post a normal pic to these forums please list the steps you use to post that pic after you click choose files and do an example. See if the file is larger than 3.96KB (as most pics are) you will see this fail on the page - "

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 3.964kB, and was skipped

I did a screen shot of Jay's short answer, a small one, and here is the screen that shows the size  of that screen shot:

xg409t5l.jpg

Please list the steps you use to get it below 3.96KB. I have an image reducing program and can't get any photo still visible to that size.

If it can be put into an Escapees post without a third party online host or my own domain I need to learn it! 

I am open to learning new tricks/traps and techniques as every year I learn stuff that is basic but I just never used. See the post below when I finish it.

I am working on a post with all the steps a beginner can take to post pics here, not posting pics on Facebook, but how to post pics here, which requires third party hosting or a domain, and both start with saving the pic to our computer whether for FB or Here.

I will be done soon with instructions for posting pics here with screenshots

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

6 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I meant don't use FB links to post pics here. They will expire and become blank.

I save pics to my computer too then use a service that does put it online for ease in posting here under Other media and then use it in Insert image from URL. Note a URL and  a link are the same thing for the purpose of this post.

To explain to those confused, a screen shot or copied pic still will exceed the "Max total size: 3.96 kB " you see here down on the bottom right of the composing a post screen:

2HPh3n4l.jpg

It must be hosted by a third party URL hosting service or from your own Domain like mine. For this example is use several but for beginners this website is likely easier. http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

I first save the pic to my system as above. Then open the image hosting service http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

and this screen pops up:

xkl0C9Xl.jpg

Then you can either drag and drop the photo into the pic box and a new URL appears  or you can use the "or Select" button - click it and navigate to where you saved your pic and then select the photo and double click it, or do one left click on the photo to select it then click on the bottom:

nKsQzTcl.jpg

Then the pic appears in the drag and drop screen like this:

wGnpeysl.jpg

Then left click on the part highlighted in the box under "Copy and paste this code into your post:"with [IMG] at both ends. Click on it if it is not already highlighted in blue on my system, and copy it to clipboard.

Then come back to the Forum, c;lick in the post where you want the pic to go, and leaving the cursor there click on "Other Media" and this screen pops up - click on Insert image from URL:

CSSkPyrl.jpg

Then this screen pops up:

6i8AHkDl.jpg

I have done each step for each of these pics and now will click in the box and paste the URL of a sample pic I copied to the RV.net screen and got this URL:

Gv7e3Irl.jpg

Then go to the Escapees post and click Other media Paste the above URL with [IMG] at both ends you copied above, I just did again and it gave this URL "[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/ve87v62l.jpg[/IMG]" I copied it and now will go back to this post, click on Other Media and paste that in here then remove the brackets [IMG] and at the end [/IMG] and before you insewrt into your escapees post it should look like this:

xlbbJEWl.jpg

Earlier you put the cursor in your post where you want the image to go and this is the sample pic:

vGF1sivl.jpg

Again this was not about how to save a pic to your computer but you do need to do that for FaceBook and here.

This post is how to get that picture from your computer to your Escapees forum post. I will reference it with a share link in computers where we can continue. This was to help folks that end up with blank links.

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

20 hours ago, RV_ said:

Guys, I was and am posting about how to post pics here on the SKP's forums. For that you need it hosted. You can use a FaceBook pic here following my steps but that will expire. Then we see empty pic frames with the broken link icon.

I

I was talking about FB too as FB uses an algorithm that highly compresses photos posted there and the method I posted most generally works. I do admit that it will not work every time and therefore. yes, you will need an external link and your method. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Jay Imgur works the same way. Who do you think RV.net is powered by? Open it up and it says "Photos hosted by IMGUR.com"

I use it too but realized it is a pain to do a post like the ones above. I am now uploading all of my most used photos there so if I want one I can eliminate the find and upload part, which is easy for one photo. Also with Imgur it provides exactly the format Escapees forums like, there is no [IMG] front and [/IMG] back to delete. So two steps saved.

Having said that, I was just trying to help a relative newcomer to the forums post here. Either way or another way that suits others is fine by me. I was hoping some of our more experienced photo folks might have other hosts online that aren't that hard to use.

You said "The forum posting limitations are strict enough I just never even try."

Hosted pics can be any size and not affect the forums because they are not on their servers. So the imitations do not apply. In case others got stuck by pasting the link in and no pic, some have told me privately they thought their pic was too big, so for them I'll explain. This pic of Pike's peak from my front yard is 1.32 MB or 1320 KB - way over the 3.96KB limit because it is hosted elsewhere it has no effect on their storage. I used RV.net and it made this link:

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/rBDR7ATl.jpg[/IMG]

I paste it into the "other Media/Image from URL" box on the SKP forum page "image from URL" box. Screen shots in my precious posts. Then I delete the IMG front and back and end up with this:

https://i.imgur.com/rBDR7ATl.jpg

Which is the format these forums need. We have a test posts forum at the bottom that I use to test photos ad other "features" of this forum software.

rBDR7ATl.jpg

The Imgur website has several image formats but Direct Link works best on these forums and nothing to delete from the front and back.

Safe Travels!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998