How to send large files (up to 10GB!) in Gmail

RV_

EZPZ!

"If you've ever had to send a large file via Gmail, you've probably run into the 25MB file size limitation. Here's how to get around that.

How to get around the 25MB limit in Gmail

What you'll need: All you'll need is a valid Google account and either a web browser or the mobile app (I'll show you how to do this from both). Of course, you'll also have to have uploaded the large file to Google Drive, so make sure to do that first.

That's it. Let's send some massive attachments."

The steps with screenshots are here:

https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/work-life/how-to-send-large-files-up-to-10gb-in-gmail/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

So basically GMail simplified a process that already existed.  I like it.  I have used Google drive links to send large files often.  It’s nice to see the process being simplified (even if I can’t take advantage of it since I don’t have a gmail email account.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I wonder if using Microsoft onedrive will also accomplish that? It would be the same procedure, and since my files are already there it would be convenient.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

1 hour ago, Ray,IN said:

I wonder if using Microsoft onedrive will also accomplish that? It would be the same procedure, and since my files are already there it would be convenient.

I also use one drive to send links to files that are too big to send normally.  It works well also.  There is a button in one drive that allows you to send the file or get a link to the file in one drive.  You can also change settings on the link to expire after a set time period.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I also use one drive to send links to files that are too big to send normally.  It works well also.  There is a button in one drive that allows you to send the file or get a link to the file in one drive.  You can also change settings on the link to expire after a set time period.

I have all of our collected family photos stored on OneDrive so our children (and their children) can look at them.  They amount to many GB of data.  As the grandchildren grew up I know the photos have been viewed multiple times.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

The title of the article is misleading of course, since the large files are not actually "sent" to the recipient as an attachment. Gmail does make the process easier though, by creating the embedded link that is sent to the recipient. For files larger than 10 GB, we can still do it the "old" way by uploading the file to an online storage that accepts larger files and creating our own inks.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks guys, lots of good additional info!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire