No Dish TV

Help!  Ever since the Dish network has gone down (meaning my usual login to pay my monthly fee) switched to the account number signin, I have been having problems.  I went to MYDISH.com and put in my 16 digit account number, zip code and amount due and paid.  My bank account confirmed the transaction.  Now when I turn on my TV all I get is everything is a subscription channel or they are telling me on the screen to go to MYDISH.com and pay my bill.  But I already have.   AND YOU CANNOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON. 

I have a tailgater globe and have never had any issues until now.  2 weeks with no TV. Anyone else having this issue. Any feedback would be appreciated.  I have been looking for alternative TV but have yet to find anything.  HELP 

Thanks

We can't log on to our account but we are on auto pay so everything is still working for us. I'm guessing changing our programing is out of the question.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Sorry to hear that your having a problem with Dish since I haven't experienced any problem with them in the past. I logged on to myDish and there was this statement (first paragraph): "We experienced a cybersecurity incident that affected some of our internal communications, customer call centers, and internet sites. We immediately activated our incident response and business continuity plans to contain, assess, and remediate the situation. Cybersecurity experts and outside advisors were retained to assist in the evaluation of the situation, and we notified appropriate law enforcement authorities..."

15 hours ago, CobraBlue said:

AND YOU CANNOT TALK TO A LIVE PERSON. 

I assume this is because of the current outage?  Because they do have both a customer service number and a technical service number.

Have you tried messaging them from their Facebook page?  I've had good luck doing this with other companies, including Sling which is owned by Dish.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

I assume this is because of the current outage?  Because they do have both a customer service number and a technical service number.

Have you tried messaging them from their Facebook page?  I've had good luck doing this with other companies, including Sling which is owned by Dish.

There is no communication with Dish because of a ransomware hack, apparently Dish will not pay the ransom.

To the OP I would look at streaming, we are using a Android Smart TV and it works amazingly well. We are thinking of dropping Dish altogether in the near future.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Looks like Dish is up and running, just signed into our Dish App as and it appears to be working normally.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

I was able to sign in to the MyDish app on my Android phone this morning for the first time since the attack occurred. I was even able to change my locals with a few taps as usual. Happy camper!

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Streaming is fine as long as you have enough and a decent internet connection.  We have been too many places with no or limited cell service.  Campgrounds seldom have enough bandwidth to stream.  Star Link is expensive and not available everywhere.  We used DISH on the road and decided to keep it in the house due to poor internet service at the house.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

20 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Star Link is expensive and not available everywhere.

Where is Starlink not available?  It sure is nice to never have to worry about cell service, or lug around and set up a heavy satellite dish.  It doesn't cost much more than Directv, and with the RV version you can suspend service anytime you wish.

Edited by hemsteadc

3 hours ago, hemsteadc said:

Where is Starlink not available?  It sure is nice to never have to worry about cell service, or lug around and set up a heavy satellite dish.  It doesn't cost much more than Directv, and with the RV version you can suspend service anytime you wish.

Look at the coverage maps and see where coverage is spotty.  There also may not be a slot open for you to join the network at a given location when you travel.  As for cost, when you are on Star Link you do have to still subscribe to various streaming services.  You cannot make a direct comparison to Dish or Direct unless you add the streaming fees.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, TXiceman said:

Look at the coverage maps and see where coverage is spotty.  As for cost, when you are on Star Link you do have to still subscribe to various streaming services. 

I did, and it looks to me like it's about 99% coverage in the US. Netflix and prime are pretty cheap, and youtube is free - which I watch most of the time.  Also, with wifi calling, you may be able to reduce your cell bill.  I reduced my data plan substantially.

Regardless, hauling around that Slimline dish was getting real old, and I was starting to have a lot of difficulty aiming it. 

I've been extremely pleased with Starlink and I see many of them in my travels. 

Edited by hemsteadc

• 2 weeks later...

Dish keeps sending me a bill on a prepaid Dish Outdoors account. Hello Dish it's prepaid I can not have a bill!

I'm about done with Dish and will just use streaming if they can't get their act together. Most of the time we have pretty decent service with Verizon, I have a 21 ft tall pole that I mount my hotspot to when needed.

On 4/18/2023 at 10:36 PM, MGHCLH said:

Dish keeps sending me a bill on a prepaid Dish Outdoors account. Hello Dish it's prepaid I can not have a bill!

I'm about done with Dish and will just use streaming if they can't get their act together. Most of the time we have pretty decent service with Verizon, I have a 21 ft tall pole that I mount my hotspot to when needed.

I have a regular dish account for my home and a prepaid RV account for my RV.  I get bills for both of them.  The difference being the home account is billing me for the month I just used while the RV account is billing me for the upcoming month.  I have to pay the home account because I have already used the service for the month.  I don’t have to pay the RV account if I don’t intend to use the service for the upcoming month.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

9 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I have a regular dish account for my home and a prepaid RV account for my RV.  I get bills for both of them.  The difference being the home account is billing me for the month I just used while the RV account is billing me for the upcoming month.  I have to pay the home account because I have already used the service for the month.  I don’t have to pay the RV account if I don’t intend to use the service for the upcoming month.

Chad, rather than a separate RV account, why not get a mirrored account for the RV.  It costs $7 0r $10 per month to mirror your home account.

Ken

8 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Chad, rather than a separate RV account, why not get a mirrored account for the RV.  It costs $7 0r $10 per month to mirror your home account.

Ken

As current fulltimers, we no longer drop our Dish service when we're not traveling, but we do have a Hopper and Joey installed at our family's lakeside cottage in upstate NY as well as a Hopper installed in our motorhome. All of our equipment is purchased and we've never been under contract with Dish. One of the Hoppers costs $12 (Loyalty discount) per month and the other $5, with both on the same Outdoor account.

Dutch

11 hours ago, TXiceman said:

Ken

Because if I change the locals when I travel, then it would screw up all my recordings at home.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

21 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Because if I change the locals when I travel, then it would screw up all my recordings at home.

It would only screw up recording local channels unless you have OTA access. All other channels remain the same.  

Dutch

3 hours ago, Dutch_12078 said:

It would only screw up recording local channels unless you have OTA access. All other channels remain the same.  

I don’t integrate OTA channels into my RV or my house.  There are no useful OTA channels at my home location, so it does me no good there anyway. A lot of the places we travel to also have very limited OTA coverage.  Because of this, I get my locals from Dish and if I travel and change them while on the road, I loose them at home.  This is why I separated the two accounts.  This allows me to leave my locals set up at home and then change my locals while on the road as needed without affecting the home programming.  I’m not super happy about the extra cost, but the convenience of it is worth it to me.

event.png    

What we are doing now with Dish is drop locals all together after a built a simple Dipole antenna for our home base where we had a hard time getting locals even with a fancy antenna. If we can't get the programs off over the air channel on the road we just stream them the next day. Shortly we are changing our Dish package to the lowest one and eventually will eliminate it all together and just stream over our two Verizon phones.

Denny

IMG_20220823_154916494_copy_402x634.jpg.8c54d6dd35ba7ff94790b56330e28143.jpg

Denny & Jami SKP#90175