Coming Off The Road After 8 Years

MoSKP9

Hi Everyone,

Mary and I are coming off the road after 8 years of full time RVing. We have totally enjoyed our travels. Everyone always wants to know why and I suppose that everyone has a different reason and time frame. In our case we felt like we had been to most all of the places that we wanted to see. From the Florida Keys to the Artic Circle in Alaska and through Canada, and back across the USA 5-6 times at different latitudes. We really enjoyed the National and West Coast HDT rallies and meeting all of our fellow HDT RVers. We just moved back into our house in the Florida Keys, which we had rented while we were traveling. I wanted to get my 34' Ocean Master boat back in the water and start deep sea fishing again while I still can. As you can imagine it has been a lot of work getting a boat back up and running after sitting for so long even though I did start the engine several times whenever we were in the area. We will be selling our present 2021 New Horizons Travel Trailer. It was custom built as they now only build 5ers. We were lucky in that we got the last one they would build. We wanted to use our truck bed for other uses and the 5er hitch would have been in our way. We are keeping our Freightliner HDT as I have several other trailers and have all my tools in all of the compartments. Here is a link for anyone interested. I am also going to post it in the classified section. https://www.rvt.com/New-Horizons-Majestic-M34ST-2021-Summerland-key-FL-ID11064841-UX402371

Once again, thanks for the memories and enjoy the ride! 

fnMLSAUl.jpg

It was so nice meeting you and Mary at the WCR a few years ago. Carey says to pass on a hello to Mary.

When we were in your trailer we had commented that it was one of the nicest we had seen. Have fun fishing out there.

Your Canadian friends.

Rick & Carey

Congrats on the retirement from the road.   We made almost 10 years on the road and decided it was time to come off the road, get a small house and a smaller trailer.  

We have a lot of great memories and a few not-so-great ones.  Met lots of fantastic RVers in our travels and loved volunteering at the NWRs and state parks.  We all reach a point where we will be better sticking to one location as a base.  

Glad that you had some great memories.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

We met you at the National Rally in '18 and totally remember the tour you gave us of your rig, in fact, it left us with such an impression that we are picking up a used Majestic to be our rig, at the end of the month.  It is being purchased by a couple that has been fulltiming in it.  Kuddos for keeping your M2, as a truck like that is not easily replaced but certainly will be missed if sold.  Enjoy your new journey.

Marcel