Help me narrow down an RV

RoadWarrior

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I've looking at Class B RVs with Mercedes Sprinter and Dodge setup.

The biggest concern for me is MPG. Second is reliability.  

Here are a few other things I'm looking at:

- Bathroom

- Kitchen

- Interior height (I'm 6'2")

- Sleep 2 adults

I am seeing real world results of the Sprinter are not much better than the Dodge, even though some websites claim it gets 20-25 mpg.. I have yet to see someone in the forums say they get that much.  I basically just want a comfortable RV that won't be a pain to maintain or stay in for extended periods (2-3 weeks at a time). 

Thanks!

We got 18-20 mpg in our Sprinters. Dave is 6'2" tall and his hair would move when he walked under the A/C in our class Bs. He was uncomfortable being that close to the ceiling so we moved into a Sprinter-based Class C to have more room. When he stopped traveling, I went back to a Class B Sprinter for snowboarding solo. Our Class Bs were 2008 (Dodge then) and 2012 purchases. The only time we spent in a shop was for regular maintenance and once when my diesel heater stopped working properly. Oh, and to put solar panels on the Class C.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We have a 2022 Winnebago Travato 59K. It has all that you described.  It’s a twin bed layout.  I usually carry a tank full of water(20 gal)) and my gas mileage is 16 to 19 mpg.  It’s built on a RAM Promaster chassis. We are very happy with the flexibility a class B provides use while traveling. We spent 5-weeks in it on a trip to Glacier NP last summer. Check us out at www.RubysWindingRoad.com

I hope this helps

Kristin & John

2022 Winnebago Travato 59K “Ruby”

2021 F350 CC SB 7.3 4:30 “Big Red” (Traded)

2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL “Tail-wagger”(Traded)

https://rv2travel.blogspot.com/

• 1 month later...

I have a 2022 Winnebago Travato 59GL and love it.

Just finished travelling through 20+ states over the last 2 months working fulltime remote from my RV. Absolutely loved it.  Unfortunately, I am now moving to Europe for at least a year so now I need to either store it or sell it to someone.