Old Goats corner, Jackalopee kit update

phoenix2013

Few months back I inquired on the forum about updating the kit to be more complete and cover the extraneous wiring, which are really not that extraneous. The wheels of progress were moving slow but we are at the deciding moment. I'm open to "evaluation" and suggestions. The start of it all was a display I made showing a Jackalope wired pretty much for all the functions it can do.

1LtA4tHl.jpg

There will be a two page "Cliff Note" describing the various components and their function, you can see below how it relates to the numbers in the picture (piece of the cliff notes).

YvUWgzXl.jpg

So this is how the 1,2,3,4 & 5 added to the standard kit would look like.

muXoYmWl.jpg

And this is what the six tags say.

s4RGEQal.jpg

Thoughts, suggestions, criticism?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 11:28 AM, phoenix2013 said:

Part of the reason I am sensitive to providing "good instructions" is history. Here are couple of examples from history.

I was "commissioned" to install a Jackalopee on this rig to replace this.

nSNp6V6l.jpg

I believe I I rejected a warranty inquiry on this Jackalopee installation.

zDkWDtEl.jpg

Nothing like a Rats Nest to make a fun day!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, phoenix2013 said:

Few months back I inquired on the forum about updating the kit to be more complete and cover the extraneous wiring, which are really not that extraneous. The wheels of progress were moving slow but we are at the deciding moment. I'm open to "evaluation" and suggestions. The start of it all was a display I made showing a Jackalope wired pretty much for all the functions it can do.

1LtA4tHl.jpg

There will be a two page "Cliff Note" describing the various components and their function, you can see below how it relates to the numbers in the picture (piece of the cliff notes).

YvUWgzXl.jpg

muXoYmWl.jpg

s4RGEQal.jpg

Here's an update to my Feb 15 post:

1. Finished both pages of the instruction sheet for the additional wiring

VNeVDShl.jpg

ixYuAl1l.jpg

2. Modified tags going with the wire bundles to show the circuit.

OvESbCHl.jpg

3. Attaching specific hardware for the circuits to the tags.

ChySmVOl.jpg

8 hours ago, ddm502001 said:

Had to laugh really hard at that previous comment, KNOW certain individuals that take it as a challenge as to "Can you be more ignorant or stupid?"

Dave

My mother took "You can't miss it" as a chance to prove someone wrong. She would simply be in the wrong lane to make a turn. I never understood how she was "showing" something to someone else.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 7:41 PM, phoenix2013 said:

1LtA4tHl.jpg

YvUWgzXl.jpg

muXoYmWl.jpg

s4RGEQal.jpg

This is great work! You should probably add to the Marker Light directions that if you have marker lights to extend the green wire length on the trailer wire to 3 1/2" to reach the marker pin.

On 3/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, HappyHourHome said:

This is great work! You should probably add to the Marker Light directions that if you have marker lights to extend the green wire length on the trailer wire to 3 1/2" to reach the marker pin.

You wish is my command. I had just enough real estate on the kit installation flyer to add this.

Gmrkb8sl.jpg 

This one is about 4 1/4" inches long. I suggest starting with 5" overall jacket strip to accommodate this. Wiring these depends on where bundle twist is when you start. I typically start with black, then blue, then white, this usually forces the other wires to "cooperate".

Edited by phoenix2013

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a little re-write of the manual (you guys just can't have enough info) and connections to the battery seem to be a subject of phone calls. So I said to myself, "Myself, why don't you put a battery in the manual, even if it's just a paper one".

H1klwMDl.jpg

Should I have to take it to the next level I'm ready with these

gNM7diYl.jpg

62BtEd9l.jpg

Edited by phoenix2013