Our friend John stopped full-time RVing and has his TT membership for sale:

I called Thousand Trails and spoke with Angela in the transfer department. She said John has a Platinum membership with Alliance benefits. It works in 68 TT parks. It’s 21 nights, park to park with a 210 day reservation window. TT said current dues are $1200 per year for unlimited camping or $569 for 50 nights per year. RPI and/or Trails Collection can be added. 

John has not yet determined an asking price but is open to offers at this time. His TT member number is available thru private message. 

UPDATE 9/15/23: $1725 or best offer
Contract number 296206610

Edited by Jack & Donna
Updated asking price, added TT#.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, travelinbob said:

How can you offer something for sale if you dont even have an asking price ?

What kind of bidder refuses to bid, without a stated asking price?

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

I’m not the one selling but will pass on any offers to John’s daughter who is helping him also. John is a nice older gentleman who does not use internet or text. His daughter does but is not a RVer. As a friend of John and a Thousand Trails member since 2009, I offered to help but I do not make any decisions. 

NDBirdman— I have forwarded your offer. Thank you. 

These are set up in zones?  Which zone?  And my comment was meant to be a funny answer to dan's post.. LOL  I would be interested if my camper had not been totaled out.

But, I will ask, what are the transfer fees, zones, etc?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

22 hours ago, DanZemke said:

What kind of bidder refuses to bid, without a stated asking price?

There could be no minimum.  Which means you can offer $1, but that would get you nowhere.

CA Dept of Fish & Wildlife (Ret)

US Navy (Ret)

2023 RAM 2500 Tradesman, 6.4L Hemi, 2x4, Reg cab, 8' bed, GVWR 10,000#, Cargo Cap 3913#, Tow Cap 15,540#

15 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

These are set up in zones?  Which zone? 

Platinum memberships are generally nation-wide.  I've never heard of an exception.  Plus the original poster said "68 TT Parks".  So  no Zones.

Since no potential buyer has been willing to give a price signal yet, and the sellers presumably want to sell it before the peak buying season ends, I have a suggestion.

Talk to a TTN membership sales expert about it and consider having them sell it for you.   After that conversation, you'll have a better idea about what it is actually worth.

https://www.campgroundmembershipoutlet.com/

P.S. I have no relationship with the folks in the above link.

19 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

But, I will ask, what are the transfer fees, zones, etc?

NDBirdman— DanZemke is correct, the membership is national. I think Thousand Trails charges $750 for the transfer fee.

Dan— thank you for the links. I couldn’t find a listing of used memberships for sale at that first one. John’s daughter said she might call them. She plans to call TT HQ and ask a few questions that would help her with pricing. 

6 hours ago, DanZemke said:

Platinum memberships are generally nation-wide.  I've never heard of an exception.  Plus the original poster said "68 TT Parks".  So  no Zones.

Ok, guess my confusion comes from TT site that says: Five Regions With Over 200 RV Resorts & Campgrounds

https://thousandtrails.com/membership-info

Could not find platinum mentioned.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Their Zone Pass is not the same as their Memberships. I think they’re still selling Elite and Adventure Memberships. Platinum was one of their many previous contracts and is no longer available new. John’s contract is “Platinum membership with Alliance benefits” according to TT. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

rosemore, 

You are the winning bidder!

John’s daughter can be contacted at

marianoden(at)ymail(dot)com

Thank you and Happy Camping,

Donna

PS: If you have any questions about the membership (# 296206610), Thousand Trails can be contacted at 1-800-388-7788. 

Edited by Jack & Donna
Changed “@“ to (at) & “.” to (dot) to reduce spam