Green Hydrogen — Morocco Makes Big Moves

RV_

For those that don't like EVs and still think hydrogen is still coming for our energy needs here is a place to invest or watch to see who looks like a leader in the hydrogen Fuel Cell EV.

Excerpt:

"The Belgian company John Cockerill has announced the formation of a joint venture with a yet unnamed Moroccan company with the aim of investing in the development of the nascent green hydrogen industry in Morocco. The two partners plan to build an electrolyser production plant there. This is another step forward in the use of natural resources in the North Africa Middle East (NAME) area, according to Afrik21.

According to Wikipedia, John Cockerill has gone from the production of steam engines in the 1800s to making electrolyzers in the 21st century. “In the late 2000s the company developed high temperature solar receivers for solar power stations, with the first installation in 2014 as part of the Khi Solar One power station at Upington, South Africa. John Cockerill sold 33% of the world’s hydrogen high-pressure electrolysis in 2021.”

The hydrogen industry has been gaining momentum in Africa in recent years. Electrolysers are a key piece of equipment for converting electrical energy into chemical energy, notably hydrogen. This equipment could soon be manufactured in Morocco. This is the main objective of the joint venture that has just been formed.

“In Morocco, John Cockerill will manufacture alkaline electrolysers. This is the most widespread technology for the production of electrolytic hydrogen, but also for the production of numerous chemical compounds, including chlorine. It is therefore very mature in the industry. According to John Cockerill, its ‘high power’ alkaline electrolysers will enable the production of hydrogen at a lower cost,” Afrik21 writes.

“The company, based in Seraing, Belgium, is entering the Moroccan market at a time when major groups are announcing mega-projects to produce green hydrogen and its derivatives, notably green ammonia. This is the case of Total Eren, the subsidiary of the French oil group TotalEnergies, which wants to set up installations capable of transforming 10 GW of clean electricity into hydrogen and green ammonia. Total Eren has obtained a 170,000 hectare site from the Moroccan government in the Guelmim-Oued Noun region.”

Even more here:

https://cleantechnica.com/2023/01/14/green-hydrogen-morocco-makes-big-moves/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Here in the northwest Governor Inslee is bound and determined to carpet eastern Washington shrub-steppe habitat with windmills.  The electricity produced by Corporate windmills MUST be bought by BPA at above market prices.  

This has displaced cleaner electricity produced by county owned dams on the Columbia River system.  In spring, BPA must spill for migrating salmon and there is such a glut of electricity that the PUD's have to PAY buyers to take their electricity due to corporate windmills.

Here comes the law of un-intendend consequences!!! 

The PUD's are moving from supplying electricity to California, western Washington and Oregon to using it to generate hydrogen.  Not good news for rate payers in those areas.   Great news for the small counties in eastern Washington that own the dams.

The Douglas County PUD project will go on-line ahead of schedule in 2023 and it is scalable.  So additional capacity can easily be added.  Chelan County PUD is talking about maybe joining in the project.

https://fuelcellsworks.com/news/douglas-county-pud-selects-contractor-for-18-2-million-hydrogen-plant/

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

This was about projects in Morocco. Did Morocco move to Washington state????? Is the same company doing the alkaline hydrolyser there that this article in my OP is about? 

Have a blessed day!

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

My point was that talk is cheap. 

But for "investing" talk is more important than actually having a product in the eyes of Wall Street.  A joint venture with a "unnamed" company, in Morroco does not inspire confidence.

Yes, I would look at investing in companies that are ALREADY working on the generation of hydrogen.  Not just talking about it.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

4 hours ago, Vladimir said:

My point was that talk is cheap. 

But for "investing" talk is more important than actually having a product in the eyes of Wall Street.  A joint venture with a "unnamed" company, in Morroco does not inspire confidence.

Yes, I would look at investing in companies that are ALREADY working on the generation of hydrogen.  Not just talking about it.

Vlad no need to be rude. Especially when you don't know the subject. You can just avoid my posts if they bother you but if you are not well versed in some aspects, I would think you'd at least read the articles and look at the company it is about, before stepping on it.

John Cockerill, the company the first post is about, is already producing Hydrogen with their equipment, has been for decades, and here is their website you would have found if you were interested: 

"A pioneer in green hydrogen

Answering today’s ecological urgency and the need to reduce CO² emissions, John Cockerill brings you a promising sector that could help decarbonise transport and industry: hydrogen. In this pioneering industry, we have already manufactured electrolysers and storage solutions for nearly 1,000 customers in different industries. Today, John Cockerill Hydrogen offers the most powerful electrolysers on the market, capable of producing up to 1300Nm³ per hour (equivalent to 6.5 megawatts (MW)."
RtQoYzml.jpg

For investors a well established company with experience looking to expand operations and have the land and resources to do it even less expensively is a great tip.

But even then you are dead wrong about this green hydrogen company not having a product or already doing it.😉

Have a wonderful day!

Safe Hydrolyzing!

Edited by RV_

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998