1990 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx - roof resealing

clashfn

Hi everyone,

I posted here a while ago looking for some tips on buying a new trailer to live in for grad school, and everyone was so helpful. So thanks again. Now that I've got the trailer and it's set up on the land... I just need to make it livable.

I purchased a 1990 Fleetwood Prowler Lynx, and the first thing I need to do is replace the skylights/vents, and reseal the entire roof. There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to do this but I'm struggling to figure out what type of roof I have, and what type if sealant I should use. I've tried going to the manufacturers website to see the manual but I can't find my model. Does anyone of here own this type of trailer? Or maybe know what the roof is made out of? All I know is that it definitely doesn't support anybody walking on it. I've used some of that super tape to stop a leak in the trim, and now it has a giant tarp on it to get her through the worst of winter rain. But I'd like to get it properly sealed ASAP.  

Cheers,
.Matthew 

A 1998 Fleetwood product I would expect to have an aluminum roof but it could also be of EDPM. Since TPO was not introduced until 1991, it is safe to say that you don't have that. If you can post a close up picture of the roof we can probably tell for sure. When you remove the skylight or vent you should be able to see the edge of the roofing material to know for sure. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk he said 1990. I would have guessed metal for that year that maybe has a sealant put on by a previous owner. Maybe like Cool Seal that they used on mobile homes with a metal roofl The fact they say you can not walk on it at all is sure concerning to me.  My first trailer was a 1988 Holiday Rambblete with a metal roof. I had some issues but could walk on it carefully.  My current one is a 1997 Sunnybrook with EPDM and even with a couple of small leaks in recent years that I caught pretty quick I could still walk on it if I were not having medical issues.

Edited by bigjim