Southbound I-5 from Washington state to Bakersfield.....this week.

Vladimir

Heading southbound on I-5 from Wenatchee to Bakersfield and beyond.  But right now, given the weather conditions I am curious about the weather and travel situation in California along I-5.  Right now, the plan is to leave Sunday and hopefully the weather improves in California as it gets worse in Washington.

My "normal" travel is stay a couple of nights in Eugene, at Armitage County Park, to dewinterize and visit friends.

Then a "long" day down to Black Butte Lake just west of Orland, CA.  The backup option is the Forest Service campground on the Sacramento River in downtown Red Bluff.

Last day is a long trip down to Orange Grove RV Park outside of Bakersfield.  They suggested reservations due to huge demand this year.

Looking at the One-Stop Shop Travel Information Site, there are plenty of highway signs along I-5 suggesting to avoid travel.  Looking at the travel camera's it looks to be clear sailing along parts of I-5 and slow travel primarily north of the Bay Area. 

I see that the California state parks have closed to the public.  But wondering about other boondocking sites, for example is Harris Ranch still open for boondocking??  I suspect that I might have to spend a couple of nights boondocking due to slower travel speeds along I-5.  Any other suggestions??  I might need a couple of spots along I-5.

Anybody in California right now, I would appreciate your observations and advice before I stick the Allman Brothers and Southbound into the CD slot.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

Been watching the weather.  

The storms are alternating between hitting the Pacific Northwest and California.  I am trying to time it so the storms flip and I get decent towing weather.

For those wondering how bad it can get this is some sobering reading.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Flood_of_1862

Oh, and it did follow a couple of years of real severe drought in Calfornia.

Vladimr Steblina

Retired Forester...exploring the public lands.

usbackroads.blogspot.com

• 4 weeks later...