Bucket list

rangerben

We are very familiar with Tucson.  I'd recommend mid to the end of April for your visit.  

Other than saguaros, the desert is in full bloom from February to late April - some things begin even earlier and last later.  You'll want to see other things in bloom, also.

If saguaros are on your bucket list they 'usually'  bloom the last 2 weeks of April until July.  It depends on winter rains or freezes.  So far, Tucson has had nice rains, including today. 

They don't burst into bloom all at once.  They open a few at a time and only last a day or two.  I think you'll be surprised by the size of the bloom.  They aren't as large as pictures sometimes show.  However, a bunch opening around the same time is gorgeous.  It's a beautiful sight whenever you can see them bloom.  Tour both areas of Saguaro Nat'l Park - east and west.  The terrain looks completely different.  Hiking is awesome!  Note... there's no camping in either section of the park.  Catalina State Park would be a great place to stay or Tucson Mtn. Park right next to Saguaro West.

You will encounter warmth the last 2 weeks of April but it's 'dry heat' 😄 so not as noticeable as being in a humid area.... really.   May temps begin to rise. I wouldn't recommend visiting beyond the middle of May.  May & June are the hottest before the summer monsoon rains begin in July.  The Sonoran Desert is beautiful!

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel