SKP Florida Resort

rynosback

On there website it states that owners can comeback with 8 days notice to claim the lot you are renting. There was a review saying that they had to move a couple of times. Do they leave spots open incase owners want to come back? Just seems very strange to me. If you put your lot in the pool to be rented and it gets booked that owners can change their mind with 8 days notice. If the park is booked, you would find yourself homeless. I looked at their site map and do not clearly see the few lake sites as they seemed to by owned by the park, so you don’t have the risk of being kicked out of that site. Thanks for any thoughts, experiences and words of wisdom.

The screen shot file was to large, but if you scroll down to the bottom of this link it will state this.

https://fl-skp-resort.org/rental-rates/

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

As a member of the Florida SKP Co-Op, I will pass your question on to Skip P. who handles reservations who may be able to come here to explain.  

I remember only one instance in the past 7 years where the unexpected return of a medical-challenged Co-op member to his already-rented-for-the-season site caused an issue.  In that case, the renters stayed on the site they were expecting to be on for the season, the returning "ill" member went onto another member's site which had been vacated by a caring member who moved his RV into an area not usually used for RVs so that the "ill" member had a full hook up site to use.  This is an example of our Sharing and Caring philosophy.  So the renters stayed where they were, a caring member volunteered to move from his site to another area without full hook ups so the "ill" member could use his full hook up site.

As Skip P. has explained to me, nowadays usually a site or two are "held" for emergency situations such as this so no one is displaced.  

You can call the office and ask for a call back from Skip P. who can answer your concerns.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Florida SKP Resort.

Denny and Cindy Henderson

On 12/25/2022 at 8:44 PM, Dennis Henderson said:

As a member of the Florida SKP Co-Op, I will pass your question on to Skip P. who handles reservations who may be able to come here to explain.  

I remember only one instance in the past 7 years where the unexpected return of a medical-challenged Co-op member to his already-rented-for-the-season site caused an issue.  In that case, the renters stayed on the site they were expecting to be on for the season, the returning "ill" member went onto another member's site which had been vacated by a caring member who moved his RV into an area not usually used for RVs so that the "ill" member had a full hook up site to use.  This is an example of our Sharing and Caring philosophy.  So the renters stayed where they were, a caring member volunteered to move from his site to another area without full hook ups so the "ill" member could use his full hook up site.

As Skip P. has explained to me, nowadays usually a site or two are "held" for emergency situations such as this so no one is displaced.  

You can call the office and ask for a call back from Skip P. who can answer your concerns.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the Florida SKP Resort.

Denny and Cindy Henderson

Thanks for the reply. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

You have to remember that the SKP Co-op parks including the Florida SKP Resort were built and paid for by the co-op that owns them. Escapees, Inc. doesn't have any skin in the park, it's owned by the co-op and it's membership.  The buy-in fee to join the co-op includes the right to use a specified lot on an unlimited basis.

This is in direct contrast to Escapees Parks (formerly Rainbow Parks) that are owned and operated by the Escapees organization.

All of the co-ops welcome visiting Escapees on a space available basis.  But it's only fair that a co-op member should be able to re-claim his lot at any time, including if they return earlier than planned because their circumstances changed.

Edited by Lou Schneider

4 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

All of the co-ops welcome visiting Escapees on a space available basis.  But it's only fair that a co-op member should be able to re-claim his lot at any time, including if they return earlier than planned because their circumstances changed.

And all of that depends upon the rules adopted by the member elected board that runs that park and makes all of the rules. Any or all of those rules can be changed by action of the board and/or the member/owners. The fact that the Escapee management has no voice on the boards and no power to control any aspect of what decisions or changes a park makes, even though the parks continue to use the Escapee name are a major part of the reason that Joe & Kay stopped developing co-op parks. That is pretty well explained in the book "History of the Escapees Club" written by Kay. 

To the best of my knowledge, there is only 1 similar RV park to the Escapee Co-op Parks and that one was structured based on the Escapee co-op principles as 6 of the 8 people who organized it were Escapee members and 2 of them had memberships in Escapee co-ops. That park is the Bass Lake Christian Retirement Community and they have slowly shifted from an RV park to a community of small homes with RV facilities. We lived there for 8 years and I served 2 terms as president of their board but have since sold out and moved.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI