My favorite iPad keyboard and stylus are not made by Apple

RV_

A contractor last week came by and had one of these which looked a lot like our Surface Go2 tablets. II asked to see the case as I might want one for my tablets and was shocked when he said it was an Apple iPad and case his company provides. Awesome case and keyboard. Pricier than the Surface Type-cover alone. But for the iPad crowd worth a look. There are also a couple more iPad keyboard covers at the bottom from Zagg and Logitech.

Review: Logitech's Combo Touch cover and Crayon stylus for the iPad are cheaper and practically better than Apple's own accessories.

Excerpt:

"A few months ago, I reviewed Apple's vanilla iPad, titling it "A confusingly good iPad," because that's exactly what it was. 

Logitech's duo is not perfect, but it delivers a more feature-rich experience than Apple's first-party accessories at a fraction of the cost.

It was also at that time when I got to check out the new Magic Keyboard Folio, a $249 type cover that was Apple's way of introducing a function row key to the iPad experience. As good as the accessory was, to this day, the price is still difficult to swallow.

Sometime later, Logitech pitched me its Combo Touch keyboard cover and Crayon stylus for the 10th-gen iPad, touting superior functionality over Apple's own keyboard and Pencil -- at much more affordable prices. Logitech's PR team knew exactly what they were doing.

Also: 5 best iPad screen protectors that actually work

Well, months later, here is my testimonial to the brand's promises, none of which were broken: The Logitech Combo Touch and Crayon are my favorite accessories for the iPad, and ones I'd easily recommend if you're eyeing a new keyboard case or stylus for your Apple tablet. Here's why.

Taking the Apple Pencil to school

As for the stylus debate, the Apple Pencil is as legendary as tablet accessories get, but my reasons for siding with Logitech's oddly named Crayon is mainly due to the form factor and method of charging. And trust me, just knowing about one of the two may be enough to sway you in Logitech's favor.

The most noticeable difference with the Crayon is its carpenter's pencil-like design; the front and back sides of the stylus are flat, almost like a thick popsicle stick. As weird as that may sound, this form factor lends itself to two major advantages over the 1st-gen Apple Pencil: a more reassuring grip and a stylus that won't just roll off any uneven surface.

Also: What is the best iPad stylus and is there an alternative to Apple Pencil?

While the Crayon is about $30 cheaper than the Apple Pencil, its brushed aluminum texture gives it a more premium hand feel than the latter's glossy, plasticky exterior."

The rest of the review with pics and much more is here:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/logitech-combo-touch-crayon-review/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid={%24external_id}&mid={%24MESSAGE_ID}&cid={%24contact_id}

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire