Stepped into Visible hell

trimster

Tried to get a Visible phone and card. Wow. What a cluster F&^@*.

How do you all get the service when your billing and shipping address does not match?

They are so totally behind the times for eBusiness. "we are trying to protect our customers security..." they texted back. So easy to do with all other eCommerce sites in the world. I guess Verizon isn't up to speed on current things going on when ordering on line. After all it is an totally on line business where you will not see or speak to a human.

5+hrs of trying to just get a phone and card resulted in nothing.

- Opened an account months ago. Got back to it yesterday to order service. They "Terminated" the account.... and they can't reinstate it. What? Really! Now that is customer service. Answer... "get a new email account and open a new account."

- Did that, and ordered the phone and card. Paid via PayPal. Got a "it's on it's way" screen. Then nothing. No transaction, no order pending.

- Got on their customer service chat thing. Just a heads up, it will be an hour wasted anyway you cut it. Their answer.... wait for it...."why not get another email address and open a new account?"  Why? Because you can't have a shipping address that does not match your billing address. So I will need to have it shipped to my house (1800 miles away), then impose on a neighbor to reship it to me. Which the Christmas shipping rush, not going to get the phone/card until new years.

So the customer support person/texting said they "would review the order and get back to me in 5-8 business days". Wow. What does this say..."we really don't want you as a new customer, so we're ordering out for pizza and will get back to you."

I have options. Now looking into them. I have AT&T prepaid for now. We burn through that 100 gigs fairly fast. Need a backup.

Rant over. Hope this is helpful.

Robert & Lisa
'14 Keystone Fuzion 315 38' 5er

2015 Volvo VNL 670, D13, iShift 'The Tartis' (ours)

2013 Smart Fortwo Passion 'K-9'

2011 CanAm Spyder RT Limited (Ours)

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Could you set up a temporary forward with the post office to get it to your current location? My billing address is my mail forwarding service, so I just had them FedEx the Visible phone and SIM to me back when I signed up a couple of years ago.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

11 minutes ago, trimster said:

It's a FedEx delivery so forwarding is not possible, I think.

Aah! I forgot about that. Try installing the FedEx app and see if it allows you to change the delivery address. I've done it with the UPS app, but I haven't tried it with the FedEx app. Their website might have more info on that.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

48 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I just have everything shipped to my escapees address. No problem.

Guess that's good if you're full time. We're not. 

Robert & Lisa

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

23 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

According to the FedEx website, the FedEx Delivery Manager lets you request a delivery redirect.

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-manager.html

Hmmm. Thanks.

Robert & Lisa

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg

Bailed on Visible. Went to T-mobile. Because we have been long time family plan members, (old plan) they moved us up the Magenta family plan and the additional unlimited tablet plan was a +$20/mo. Cool.

Put the sim in and it just works. We're not in a great T-mobile coverage area, but still getting very useable speeds. AT&T prepaid speeds are better at times. It will ebb and flow.

Robert & Lisa

We are both USAF vets.

LbjZhp0l.jpg