M2 freightliner fuel leak

jenandjon

This is on a 2003 Freightliner M2 mid-size truck with the Mercedes engine. Approximately 45,000 miles. 

At the beginning of harvest our service truck broke down. It was spraying fuel all over the engine. It looked like there was a loose fuel line but noting we did would stop the leak. My brother was able to get it back to the shop without a tow bill. 

After asking around a little bit not many mechanics in the area are familiar with the Mercedes engines. So, we just dove in blind. Took the leaking fuel line loose and replaced just the O ring. That did no good. After a trip to Freightliner, we were informed that all this is single use only. Once you crack a line you have to replace it. All the parts in the pictures below are what was needed to stop the leak. These are all single use parts. The surprising part was they were not very expensive. I think this was all under a $100. 

It ended up being an easy fix but not knowing anything about the engine made it frustrating. I hope this helps someone in the future. I think it would be a safe assumption that if these are single use on the smaller Mercedes that would be the same as on the big ones. 

If I remember right the dark one is the old one Replacing that O ring did nothing. 

zAFNnxil.jpg

K1lsb4ml.jpg

jJMtlgul.jpg

3s6HyN2l.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.