The Ultimate In Land Travel

Kirk W

Oh my!!!!  I could never possibly spent enough in fuel and campground fees to make up the difference between what the cheaper model costs and what we have in our whole rig, and their price doesn't include the tow vehicle.

That said, they'll sell some, to folks who have more dollars than sense.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

That said, they'll sell some, to folks who have more dollars than sense.

They already have sold a few. Bowlus began building RVs in 1934. The Story of Bowlus

In 1934, Bowlus completed construction on the first aluminum riveted travel trailer. Weighing in at 1,100 pounds, the Bowlus was considered revolutionary for its advanced engineering. His designs quickly found both admirers and would-be copycats, including Wally Byam of Airstream, who attempted to duplicate his work.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I didn't know what it was when I snapped a couple of pics of one in Bar Harbor in September of 2017 (can't get them down to the 100kB file size limit to attach). Our thoughts at the time were that it didn't look very practical.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

All that luxury then no kitchen cupboards/counters and a dorm fridge? I guess if you can afford this trailer you eat all your meals out? Then why off grid capabilities? I'll pass, thanks.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 hours ago, sandsys said:

I'll pass, thanks.

I rather doubt that you are part of the target market that they have in mind. 

2 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

It does say 3 aluminum cupboards but doesn't show them. 

I do find it rather interesting that they don't show more pictures, but since there is a wait list to get one there seems to be someone out there that is willing to pay their prices

All I can say is Not my cup of tea.  I guess there is a very limited market of folks willing to spend big bucks for minimal living.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

2 hours ago, TXiceman said:

All I can say is Not my cup of tea.

Isn't it great that we live where we can make such choices? I don't want one either but that is a very good thing since I couldn't afford one.   😊 But there are other RVs that are also way out of my price range too and some of them do have at least some appeal. But the important thing is to remember that it is companies like these who fist adopt the latest in technologies that eventually become cost effective for RVs that we do buy and so we all benefit from the innovations of the companies that build for the "price is no factor" buyers.

Do like I did Kirk.  Remember that 1.6 billion lottery some years back. A couple from Munford, Tn  won 1/3 of it.  I bought 5 tries at the same store they did. Guess what I won.  As a booby prize one of my daughters bought me a Christmas present from that same store.

Way out of my price range. No Tesla I know of in production could tow that much weight. Check that Kirk.

Let's remember the majority of Teslas are the Model 3 and the model Y like mine. They cost ~$40k-$60k when I bought mine, or about the average price of any new car today save compact and some base models.

And we get tax credits and state incentives in some states.

There have been lots of high priced whatever for folks that want to conspicuously consume and apparently think they gain status that way. Riiiight.😏

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• Isn't the Tesla truck in production? 
  • At least that's what I've seen on YouTube lately. 
What I watched yesterday makes me want to put in an order for when my Volvo finally hit's the mark of it cost's too much to fix, time to buy something else. Hopefully the availability and the need coincide, along with ample funds too.  Not likely, but it is fun to dream. 

Rod
  •  
  •  

Way out of my price range. No Tesla I know of in production could tow that much weight. Check that Kirk.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.