Other events happening around Tucson during and after Escapade 2023

I sent a note to the nice folks at Escapees HQ, about what else is happening in Tucson around the time of the Escapade.

1. Davis Monthan AFB is in Tucson.  If you were in the Air Force, you know that the Davis Monthan base is the final resting place for almost all  planes retired from active service in the Military.  I mention this because they do allow organized groups to get a guided tour of the base during the week, but not as individuals.  I gave the Escapees HQ, the heads up that it would be great if they could arrange a trip to the base during the week of  Escapade for those that wish to do so.  Links to the tour request were provided.

2. Davis Monthan is having an open house / airshow on the 25 & 26th which will include the Air Force Thunderbirds demonstration team. The web page on Davis Monthan AFB doesn't mention the 2023 event yet, but I called the public relations desk to confirm what I found on the Thunderbirds web site ( link provided ). Scroll down to the 2023 schedule if you visit the Thunderbirds web site. The public relations verified it was planned and they would be updating their website with the information after the 1st of the year.  I've asked Escapade HQ to at least let the folks know that this is coming because it's the weekend after the Escapade ends.

Messages were sent to Escapees HQ about 2 weeks ago, but no response from them yet. But now you know

Safe Journeys!

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

March is a special time in Tucson - lots of spring flowers on desert walks!   Here is one site for things to do.  They'll add more as time goes by and you can click the calendar for specific days.  The book fair at the University is a big thing... lots of seminars and authors.  Fun things to do in the Benson area along with the SKP Co-op being there - Saguaro park.

https://southernarizonaguide.com/annual-events-festivals-southern-arizona/

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

UPDATE TO DAVIS MONTHAN AFB TOUR (dated 2 Dec 2022)

Welp, After much digging to determine what would be needed to assemble a group of folks to tour the Air Craft Bone yard at Davis Monthan during the week of the Escapade, I found information buried on a separate web site that states that due to squadron tasking, tours of the boneyard have been discontinued.  I'll contact the public affairs office at David Monthan after the 1st of the year to see if the tours will be continued in 2023.

If you still need to get a view of historic aircraft, here is a link to the Air Museum in Tucson for your information.

PIMA air museum

In any case, a tour of the US Air Craft Bone yard at Davis Monthan AFB will not be included as one of the activity opportunities of the 2023 Escapade, and if the tour is possible at all, it will be completely separate and independent of any Escapade event scheduling.

EWf9LhN.png

Edited by franco-bolli

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png