Been gone for a while

strawdog

I thought I'd put this out for anyone I missed. Dave & I started our fulltime travels in October 2006, and had a wonderful 14 years seeing our country, spending time with family when we were needed, and meeting friends we will have for a lifetime. We decided to settle back into a sticks-and-bricks in 2019, and built a house in northern NM. We moved in in March 2020, and sold the HDT and 40' New Horizons in July 2021. Bought a 33' motorhome for shorter trips.

God pointed us in the right direction at the right time.  We were in the house for just over two years when Dave was diagnosed with cancer and after 41 years together, he passed away in October.  I am in a home that we built together, which is a great comfort. I hope to still take short trips when the time feels right, but I'm not ready for that; thus, the motorhome is currently on a consignment lot.  For the first time in 40 years, there is no RV sitting in our driveway. 

I am beyond grateful for the 41 years we had together, for the 14 years of fulltiming, and for the wonderful friends we met along the way. We had a good run.

Renee

Edited by strawdog

Dave, Renee & furkids Casey & Miss Kitty
1998 Volvo 610 Straight 10 "Leather n' Lace"; Herrin bed w/Rampage motorcycle lift; 2010 40' New Horizons Majestic; 2008 Harley FLSTC; 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited; 1999 Yamaha 4X4 Kodiak (that is NOT with us!)

Thank you so much for sharing this!!  We have been married nearly 45 years (I'm not 65 yet) and have not started our long term RVing adventures although we have an HDT and a short Teton.  So glad that you helped me realize the memories that are there for the making.

The RV community is out there and seems to always be welcoming.  Which I was closer to give you a hug.

Marcel