Guidance to replace the roof of my RV Type C

pemase

I just bought my first RV Type C 1998, the roof is damaged and I want to replace all the wooden boards on the roof and install a new membrane. 

I read that EPDM, TPO and PVC exist. I think PVC is the most resistant membrane.

Could you help me by answering the following questions?:
  1. What thermal insulation do you recommend (fiberglass or rigid foam) and where to buy it?
  2. What wood, how thick can I place on the roof and where can I buy it?
  3. Could you tell me which membrane you recommend in terms of duration, resistance and where I can buy it? (EPDM, TPO or PVC)
  4. What kit and quantity do you recommend for my RV?
  5. Where can I buy all the materials to do it by myself? I am in San Diego, California.
I appreciate your help!

Best regards

Pedro

1 hour ago, pemase said:

I read that EPDM, TPO and PVC exist.

1 hour ago, pemase said:

Could you tell me which membrane you recommend

I've had RV's with all three.  I prefer PVC.  It requires no maintenance except for washing.  It has two benefits over TPO, both of which are vinyl.  First, it is smooth surfaced and much easier to clean.  Second, it doesn't have the felt backing.  The felt backing on TPO will absorb and wick water  and hide the source if you do have a small leak and/or condensation point.

Pvc roof if you don’t want to do the flex armor spray on roof. Flex armor is the best but maybe not worth it on a 1998 rv. There is maintenance on pvc with all the sealant that needs to be checked every year. Flex armor has no caulking or sealant, everything is sprayed around. I would prefer the fiberglass insulation over the rigid foam for the noise reduction. Have had both and fiberglass is quieter. 

2 hours ago, pemase said:

What thermal insulation do you recommend (fiberglass or rigid foam) and where to buy it?

Most RV's that I have worked on in recent years use Styrofoam or similar material for roof insulation. Stores like Lowe's or Home Depot, or Menard's would all have it, if they carry the proper thickness for your needs. I'm wondering why you need to replace it?

What wood, how thick can I place on the roof and where can I buy it?

Are you asking about the underlay or the roof support framework? Lauan plywood is a pretty common underlay and yours is probably some type of plywood, likely 1/4" or a bit less. Any of the home stores would also have it. I have not done a complete roof but I know someone who has and he used 1/4" marine grade plywood but that is quite expensive.

Could you tell me which membrane you recommend in terms of duration, resistance and where I can buy it? (EPDM, TPO or PVC)

I would probably use TPO but haven't made much sturdy of roof materials recently.

The Difference Between PVC and TPO Roofing Systems

What kit and quantity do you recommend for my RV?

While I have done repairs on both EDPM and TPO roofs of RVs, I have never done a complete roof replacement. I think that if I were to do one today, I would go with one of the sprayed on roof materials as suggested by Danfreda1. I have experience with the bed-liner and know two people who happy with similar RV roof coatings, the would probably be my choice but I'd also have it professionally done. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI