I Need Some HELP!

We are on our way to Yuma, AZ and spent the night in Searchlight, NV.  My husband, Earl, hasn't been feeling really well and this morning sh!t hit the fan and he's being air lifted to St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Siena Campas at St. Rose Parkway & S. Eastern Ave.

So here I am in Searchlight with an RV, a car (we don't tow -- we've always driven separately) and 2 dogs.  I need to get both the RV & the car back to an RV park in Henderson (have no idea which one -- we've always stayed out at Government Wash in Lake Mead NRA), but can only take one or the other.  I contacted Good Sam Travel assist, but they will only return the RV (or car) back home, which is in the Spokane area.  That's not going to work.

I'm wondering is there anyone in the Las Vegas/Henderson area that can help me out by driving the RV back to Henderson while I follow in the car with the dogs?  Any suggestions on RV parks in the area?

Thank you for whatever help you can provide.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Linda, I didn't realize that it was you when I responded to the entry on Escapees Facebook! 

EDIT:  I just got word that Linda has help on the way! 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

3 hours ago, FULLTIMEWANABE said:

Hi Linda,

Because this forum isn't so active as used to be I've cut and pasted your message into the IRV2 Forum also in case anyone can help and call you.

If we were close by we'd be there but we are in Alberta so sorry.   Do let us know how hubby is doing.

Helen.

Thanks!  As an FYI, we did find the help we needed.  Good friends who live at the SKP park in Pahrump are coming over tomorrow to help get me moved. 

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Earl had a temporary pacemaker put in this afternoon and will have a permanent one put in on Monday, according to the doctor.  They also put in a Stent when he was brought in (he had a quadruple bypass back in 1995 and hadn't had any problems until now).

I drove up to the hospital in Henderson in the afternoon to visit him...he seemed to be in good spirits.  The doctors came to take him up to the ICU for installation of the pacemaker while I was there.  They invited me to go along, but I needed to get back to Searchlight before dark ( I don't drive well in the dark...old age, don't ya know).  I made it just in time and the dogs were happy to see me!

The ICU nurse called me this evening and said everything went well and he was doing good.

Our friends from Pahrump will be here late morning to help get me moved.  I'm going to call around to see if I can find an RV park to stay in, but failing that, one of the nurses at the hospital said I could park in the large parking lot at the rehab center adjacent to the hospital.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Awesome to hear Earl is on track for good recovery Linda.   As you guys are used to dry camping it would likely be wonderful if you can locate in that car park the nurse referenced to save on commuting etc maybe????    I've heard a lot of RVers do that at hospitals for convenience to visit with loved ones undergoing procedures etc, and at least if dark you won't have to drive at any juncture.

Anyway, keep your strength up, eat properly.   Positive thoughts coming your way for you both.

Helen.

FYI- we stayed in an RV park in Boulder City, which is way smaller and quieter than Henderson.  I recently stayed at a motel there recently and enjoyed going there after my work day.  I went back to Boulder because our experience with the RV park was so good.  The one we stayed at was family owned at the time and they were pretty nice.

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...

An update on Earl:

He was in the hospital for 9 days, leaving on the 10th day (this past Sunday).  He probably could have been released sooner, but he also had pneumonia in addition to the heart attack which had to be cleared up.  Because of the pneumonia, he was put on oxygen and he was provided a rental oxygen concentrator to get us back home.  Hopefully, now that the pneumonia appears to be taken care of, once we get home, he won't need it any longer (fingers crossed).

We left Las Vegas on Wednesday, having loaded the car with as much stuff from the RV as possible.  The RV is in storage at the RV park where I was staying and arrangements are being made to transport it to our home. We are currently in Baker City, OR and will be home this afternoon barring any bad weather (the roads look to be clear).

Not the winter we had in mind, but we'd already made the decision before all this happened that this would be our last winter going south.  Age had caught up with us, especially Earl, and he was having a difficult time doing stuff that had always come easily before.  But we're thankful that he came through this on the right side of the ground and that he'll continue to improve once he's home and eating something other than hospital food (yuck!) and restaurant food.

Edited by LindaH

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Awesome to get your update Linda and hear under the circumstances that you and Earl are almost home.  Strong wishes and thoughts that Earl goes from strength to strength moving forwards.

As they say and especially when we are out of sorts "There's no place like home".   Family/Friends and familiarity to access services etc all play an important role to many folks when in need. 

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Thank you for the update and we are grateful that the news is mostly good. I don't remember where home is?   🙃

Me, either. I thought home was Yuma since that's where Linda often posted about the gatherings.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We got home this afternoon safe and sound.  Roads were clear and dry except going over the Blue Mountains, but they were just wet...no snow or ice.

Earl hasn't been using his oxygen concentrator since he stepped foot in the house, but I have it set up just in case.  He still tires out easily, but that's to be expected.  I'm sure he'll gain strength over time.

(The dogs are happy to be home, too! 😂 )

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul