Verizon Jetpack

We  have a Jetpack Mifi 8800 that  I think is wearing out after much use. The resolution on the TV is often blurry  now even  with an excellent signal. Up until a month or so ago all was fine. I bought a Verizon  new  in box identical replacement on Ebay. I'm wondering if I can simply switch  sim cards. I'm not very tech savvy. I got this unlimited plan just before they discounted it and my biggest fear is I'll screw something up and loose the plan.

Switching the SIM card will work. No need to contact VZW. I doubt the 8800 is at fault though, since a digital signal is pretty much go or no go as long as you have a good signal and decent speeds. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

29 minutes ago, lifeisgood1234 said:

We  have a Jetpack Mifi 8800 that  I think is wearing out after much use. The resolution on the TV is often blurry  now even  with an excellent signal. Up until a month or so ago all was fine. I bought a Verizon  new  in box identical replacement on Ebay. 

This isn't analog TV; all signals are digital.  If there resolution is "blurry" it's not because the signal is too weak.  It is possible that the data rate was so slow that your TV was defaulting to a lower resolution.   Did you try using your phone as a hotspot to compare how well it performed (assuming that your phones are on the same carrier as the 8800)?

The bottom line is that it could have been a poor cellular signal at the location where you were or there could be something wrong with the device.  I would try performing a factory reset on it to see if that resolves some issues.  Usually there's a recess you can get to when the battery cover has been removed.  Hold down the reset button while restarting the hotspot.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

It is also possible that Verizon made some changes in your local cell towers or there is a problem with a tower that needs to be fixed.   

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)