I've often thought about this.

lappir

And it appears someone else has had the same idea. I was thinking of a fluid based transfer, but if Air works there is less concern about leaks I imagine.

My idea was to form a capillary network that would mimic the "Sun Flower" in following the sun  to keep the panels tilted with the heat production and the movement of a liquid.

Way too complicated for me to do as a DYI, but maybe someone with more time and money than me can take my thoughts and run with them. Just hope if no one else is working on it they share a bit of the intellectual property rights with me.  What are the chances? 

Here is a share of an article I read this morning. 

Rod

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2022/10/21/photovoltaic-thermal-solar-tiles/

Edited by lappir
made paragraphs.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Interesting, solar and battery technology is advancing rapidly. In a few years my existing RV solar panels and Lithium batteries will be outdated grrrrrrrrr Ive also read about panels that use parabolic reflectors so regardless of the suns angle it's like they were oriented direct to the sun.  If I weren't so darn old I would build a custom smart home and RV to stay totally off grid..

John T  Old retired EE bit still love following the technology

33 minutes ago, oldjohnt said:

Interesting, solar and battery technology is advancing rapidly. In a few years my existing RV solar panels and Lithium batteries will be outdated grrrrrrrrr Ive also read about panels that use parabolic reflectors so regardless of the suns angle it's like they were oriented direct to the sun.  If I weren't so darn old I would build a custom smart home and RV to stay totally off grid..

John T  Old retired EE bit still love following the technology

John, staying off grid is my goal also.  I am trying to build a place with off grid solar, well and septic in the middle of 140 acres.  Star Link will be our worldly contact.  It is in the high country of Colorado so we may leave for the winter.  It is going slow though and getting contractors and supplies isn't going well.  Inflation in the building industry is alive and well.  My budget not so much.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Randy, I research a lot about SMART energy efficient off grid home building but at my age it wouldnt pay out grrrrrrrrrrr. Im talking super insulation, low air infiltration, earth sheltering, Wind, Passive Solar Heat, Photovoltaic, Geo Thermal, heck heat it with a match lol

I have pretty well achieved self contained off grid livability in the RV, but thats only 30 feet lol  Ive read Starlink is adequate if you have a good NON OBSTRUCTED view of the Northern sky

Oh to be young again with todays off grid technology

I enjoy our sparky chat

John T 

3 hours ago, oldjohnt said:

I have pretty well achieved self contained off grid livability in the RV, but thats only 30 feet lol  Ive read Starlink is adequate if you have a good NON OBSTRUCTED view of the Northern sky

It's not so much that Starlink satellites are to the north, Dishy orients itself that way so it's cone-shaped uplink doesn't interfere with satellites in geosynchronous orbit.  The actual Starlink satellites can be anywhere overhead.

14 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

The actual Starlink satellites can be anywhere overhead.

THANKS for that info Lou, Yes there are a ton of them up now and more planned. When I had DISH (depends on where located) their antennas needed a good Southwestern view while the Starlinks Ive seen claim they need a good Northern sky view to operate best, then it's up to them to receive the signal from whichever and wherever their darn satellites are located WITH EVEN MORE TO COME LOCATED NO TELLIN WHERE  lol

I used DISH in the RV for years starting with the set out antennas graduating to the Domes now I rely more on Streaming Internet having multiple cell boosters and MIMO antennas for both my AT&T plus Verizon Hotspot/Jetpacks.. I get more TV, Internet and Cell Phone than I could possibly ever need . Aint technology something

Nice sparky chatting with you Lou, best wishes take care.

John T

Edited by oldjohnt