Local solar panels

GlennWest

2 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Need some relief right now. Those of you that had the surgery did Medicare cover cost?

Medicare and my Supplement covered everything.  No copays; not a one bill.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I intended to work till 66 1/4. That way can work part time if I want to. That is this coming spring. I have already addressed this with my employer. They have a fabshop that we work in. I am one of the better welders. I can work on there and it is low impact on my knees. Make my $32,000 and go back following year. Just not installing it

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I've had both knees replaced on Medicare with an AARP Plan N supplement in North Texas.  Medicare covered almost all the costs, one at a hospital and one at a surgery center.  My co pay was less than $500 ea as I remember.  As others have said, do the PT even though it hurts like hell.  Pain meds make it easier.  Only 2 weeks of pain to be pain free for the rest of your life.  Pretty good deal.

Travel More... Money returns, Time doesn't

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMDMIMNMONENV

4 hours ago, Arnwrkr said:

I've had both knees replaced on Medicare with an AARP Plan N supplement in North Texas.  Medicare covered almost all the costs, one at a hospital and one at a surgery center.  My co pay was less than $500 ea as I remember.  As others have said, do the PT even though it hurts like hell.  Pain meds make it easier.  Only 2 weeks of pain to be pain free for the rest of your life.  Pretty good deal.

Did you have the 3d imaging procedure?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

On 10/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, GlennWest said:

Kneecap poped out of place going to car in parking lot. It came back on its own. It is sore now. Never had that happen before

That happened to our daughter her first day of senior high school but Dave had to push it back into place. She got a brace and crutches until it healed. It has never happened again.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

1 minute ago, sandsys said:

That happened to our daughter her first day of senior high school but Dave had to push it back into place. She got a brace and crutches until it healed. It has never happened again.

Linda

Mine went right back in by itself. It felt like my entire knee came out of joint but know that didn't happen. I have stayed inside taking it easy ever since. Called work and got an ROF. They were very supportive. I am going ti venture out today and go to grocery store. See how I do.

GlennWest  I did not.  I  actually only had the insides done.  Doc said the outside of the knees would last another 25 years, I replied that I probably wouldn't need them more than 25 more years.  I have a 4 in scar on both knees.  It's like being 50 again.

Travel More... Money returns, Time doesn't

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMDMIMNMONENV

19 minutes ago, Arnwrkr said:

GlennWest  I did not.  I  actually only had the insides done.  Doc said the outside of the knees would last another 25 years, I replied that I probably wouldn't need them more than 25 more years.  I have a 4 in scar on both knees.  It's like being 50 again.

Hmmm... I've never heard of having "insides" or "outsides" of knees done.  What, exactly, do you mean by that?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

1 hour ago, 2gypsies said:

Hmmm... I've never heard of having "insides" or "outsides" of knees done.  What, exactly, do you mean by that?

Our daughter's problem was with her ligaments. The doctor told her she was a loose woman. :) Arnworker might be saying he had his ligaments tightened rather than having knee replacements due to arthritis.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van