Florida pulls the plug on mRNA COVID vaccines for males 18-39

On 10/12/2022 at 10:47 AM, Randyretired said:

I just read a report that 2/3 of US people report they will delay or not receive the new vaccine.   I don't think that many belong to any one political party.  

Randy,

I don't know what report you read, but their conclusion seems plausible.

But to me, that's far removed from a single state's  claim, that mRNA vaccines are killing 18-39 year old males.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

3 hours ago, Chalkie said:

In either case, not a lot are getting it.

On the news tonight they said that we are at just over 5% of the population currently. I didn't catch where they got the data, if they said. They also talked to the heads of 2 different hospitals and both expressed comcerns that hospitals may be inundated with patients as the Covid and influenza cases rise with the onset of winter. They said that only 49% of the population say that they have been or will be vaccinated for flu this year and if the two viruses peak at near the same time it could be worse that covid was.

It seems to me that many people are pointing to the low participation as justification for their not getting it either. Reminds me of my mother asking me when I claimed that everyone is doing something, "if everyone else stood on the railroad with a train coming, would you do that too?"

Why the Flu Vaccine is More Important Than Ever This Year

Published Tue, Oct 4 2022

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, Chalkie said:

I don't know about a particular report but the Washington Post reports that only 4% of eligible persons have gotten the booster so far ahead of the winter surge. 

I'm a big believer in cost-benefit analysis, as part of decision making.  For me, the cost of the new vaccine was trivial.  The odds rated potential of catching Covid was not.  

I chose to get my free shot on a trip to my local Costco a couple of weeks ago.  It took me awhile to fill out the form, check into the pharmacy, and get my physical shot.  Total amount of my time: a little under 1 hour.  I then picked up the stuff on my shopping list and drove home.  

I don't care what percentage of others have chosen to get, or not get, the new vaccine.  I happen to believe, that all of us would be better off, if more people did.  And I honestly don't understand the reluctance of folks to get vaccines. But I've decided to be pragmatic, and accept where we are.  Everyone gets to decide, for themselves, on whether to get a shot, or not.  And everyone is free to protect themselves, in any way they want.

Edited by DanZemke

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

The existing vaccines have not been very effective at stopping people from getting covid and spreading covid.  Rather than worry if anyone else is vaccinated I wear an N95 mask when in public and limit my time in crowds.  It may not keep me from getting covid but it is the best defense we have.  My choice to be vaccinated may help if, maybe when, I get sick but I don't count on it to keep me from getting sick.  There are uncertainties with these vaccines and each of us should determine our own approach.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift