RV Covering question

PSZ

I could use your HELP!

I am new to RVing..learning a lot but still a very long way to go!!

I purchased a Sunset Park Sun Lite 16 ft. RV trailer. It has rear door entry.

As winter approaches us here in Rhode Island, I look to be prepared.

I will keep RV outside. I look for a cover solution.

I have been reading all the pro and cons of the various cover qualities.

As advised, I look to retain access inside my RV during the winter months to manage/view if any critters are somehow sneaking inside.

Here is my question:

• Are there any quality cover which have a zipper panel included on the backside so I have easy access/exit to my rear door while the unit remains covered?   

I welcome your reply!

Thank you!

If you mean rear SIDE door there are probably some made like that.  

If you mean the actual rear.... that may be more difficult to find.

Do a Google for RV covers and call some places to see if they make them with the appropriate zipper for you to use. otherwise, you may have to have one especially made for you.

Here's one place to start:    https://www.nationalrvcovers.com/s/travel-trailer-covers/16.html

Also, the cover has to be breathable or moisture will collect.  It should fit snugly so it doesn't move in wind and create scratches on your RV.  You'll still need to keep heavy loads of snow/ice off your roof.

Covers are pricey.   Depending on your home property, would you have room for an open-sided cover to be erected... perhaps attached to your garage with about a 3' drop over the sides to keep blowing snow to accumulate?  Then you wouldn't have to cover it.

Good luck!

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Thanks so much for your reply. Much appreciated.

Yes, not a side door but rather only a rear door entry.

Noted yr recommendation link to start. Will use it!

Also read in my research and noted yours about venting, moisture and scratching. 

Once I first find a solution for access to rear entry, will be then addressing these other issues.

Again, many thanks! 

FWIW, when I owned travel trailers and 5th wheel trailers I used a plastic, nylon reinforced farm tarp from Harbor Freight to cover them. I added grommets so they were only 2' apart, then used elastic cords to hold the tarp taut all around. The cords prevented movement of the tarp enough that I never found any damage to the RV from rubbing.

The roof air conditioner holds the tarp away from the roof enough to prevent mold/mildew and allow air movement.

By unhooking 3 or 4 elastic cords i could open the door for entry. The best part though, the tarp and elastic cords were less than $100 new.

I used a bright yellow tarp (they last approx 3-4yrs then sun rot weakens them and they tear) and the local officials began using my yellow tarp for a ground reference when flying pot patrols out in the country.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961