Moving and possibly replacing ETrack

lappir

Since I'm pretty sure I'm a Jeep guy now and apparently the wheel track on the JL Jeeps is a bit wider than my Isuzu and Subaru, I feel I need to move the E Track to be under the wheels. Or do I?

I'm hoping when I finish writing this I will be able to post photos of the issue. 

Now to the next part. 

Should I reuse the E Track? 

Should I buy new sections of E Track?

OR

Should I look into the L Track?

The E Track worked very well for the Isuzu and has not given me any issues with the Jeep, so far (3 trips). I had significant issues with the Subaru, but don't really blame the E Track, more the Subaru. The E track does make sweeping the garage difficult and the shop vac will not remove all the stuff that seems to get under the track. I'm thinking the L track would be easier to work around, but I've never actually used it. Seeing it on aircraft with many thousands walking across it over time leads me to believe it will be a better product. Wish I would have considered it more with the build of the trailer. 

The other issue I'm facing is the flooring is in need of replacing in a couple areas. I  hope to find an installer for a product I know as "Torginol" "https://www.torginol.com/. I'm pretty sure once placed it will be a LOT more durable with my use. 

W1kdIzYl.jpg

I was only able to find one photo on the computer. I think I took some on my tablet, but haven't shared them to the PC yet. Hopefully will add later. 

Rod

Edited by lappir
Had to replace the photo link.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

It sounds like your current Etrack is fastened on top of the floor and is currently located not centered on the jeeps tires but more underneath the Jeep. If the etrack was outboards of the jeep wheels some, I would use it in that location but underneath may make it for difficult to access the connections and ratchet mechanism.  

L track is nice but I do not think it has the strength rating of the Etrack fasteners so you may want to verify that. Recessed L track makes for a nice floor to use when no vehicles are in the garage but may be difficult to install now. You may be able to run it alongside the Etrack and be close to your center of your tires. It can be expensive plus you need all different tie down attachments.

The flooring you posted looks to be just the additives that are put in a resin floor and not the whole floor. If your floor twists or bends it may crack the resin flooring. You might want to try like the bed liner material or garage flooring epoxy which you can apply yourself. 

If you can handle the extra weight, could you add a plywood floor of appropriate thickness to mount the L track flush and then coat that plywood with a flooring that you want? 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.