Class B as a towed?

kb0zke

2 hours ago, kb0zke said:

I've asked this on the Class B section, but thought I'd also ask here. What about a Class B as a towed?

I met a couple doing just that. They were at the laundromat in their class B then I saw them come into Sweet Darlene's a few minutes later and invited them to sit with me. Their towed basically matched my whole rig since they were the same brand so we visited about how they use their's for short trips away from their big rig. It was an interested concept to me.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Your question is a lot like asking "can I tow my car behind my motorhome?" The answer depends on what the motorhome is capable of safely towing, the size and weight of the class B, and does the class B have a drive-train that can be flat towed without damage? Given the right combination, yes it can. But none of this means that yours can be.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 8/12/2022 at 11:28 PM, Lou Schneider said:

No problem as long as the motorhome can handle the Class B's weight.  A 3k tow rating won't cut it.

Neither will a 5K rated hitch.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

We've decided against this. We can buy a LOT of diesel for what a van costs.

What started us thinking about this was seeing someone with an old VW Westfalia. A 50-year-old one costs more now than it did new!

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS