Ford hikes F-150 Lightning prices due to cost increases

RV_

Excerpt:

"Ford (F) today opened the order banks for the next wave of F-150 Lightning reservation holders today, though those fans of the electric pickup may be in for a bit of sticker shock.

Citing “significant material cost increases and other factors,” Ford increased the prices of the F-150 Lighting across the various trim levels on offer.

For instance, the base model, known as the Lightning Pro, which once started at $39,974 has now seen its price rise $7,000 to $46,974. The XLT High Extended Range and Lariat Extended Range trims saw the highest price hikes of $8,500, with each now costing $80,974 and $85,974 respectively. The Platinum Extended range saw the smallest price hike of $6,000, though it now retails for $96,874.

Here is the updated pricing for all trims of the F-150 Lightning:

• Pro - $46,974

• XLT - $59,474

• XLT High - $68,474

• XLT High / Extended Range - $80,974

• Lariat - $74,474

• Lariat Extended Range - $85,974

• Platinum Extended Range - $96,874

“Current order holders awaiting delivery are not impacted by these price adjustments,” said Marin Gjaja, Ford Model e chief customer officer in a statement. “We’ve announced pricing ahead of re-opening order banks so our reservation holders can make an informed decision around ordering a Lightning.”

What this means is all reservation holders are now subject to the new prices going into effect today. Ford said reservation holders who previously received an invitation to order but decided to extend their reservation because the trim they wanted wasn’t unavailable, will “receive a private offer for use in upcoming waves.” What that means is unclear, though it sounds like Ford may ease pricing for some of those reservation holders.

More here:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-hikes-f-150-lightning-prices-due-to-cost-increases-180750748.html

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

What good is a pickup parked in front of every suburban home? Poor commuter mileage, higher insurance costs, higher maintenance costs. Yet they continue to be sold, strictly for commuting.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

10 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

What good is a pickup parked in front of every suburban home? Poor commuter mileage, higher insurance costs, higher maintenance costs. Yet they continue to be sold, strictly for commuting.

You sit higher in a pickup, letting you look out over the cars ahead of you instead of just seeing the back end of the car in front of you.  Unless that car is another pickup, of course.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:06 AM, Darryl&Rita said:

👍👍

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

Today $95K is high but will sell, my cousin retired from Allison, his employee price for a fully-loaded 2022 GMC Duramax K3500 SRW CC truck was $86K.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

On 8/11/2022 at 10:41 AM, Kirk W said:

I have never consider buying any car or truck to be investing.  

But problems with new vehicles and fires in their old fossil fueled vehicles now does affect Ford's stock price. Knowledge is power especially in investing like knowing when a stock is about to split or when there are very costly recalls like Ford''s current one for fossil fueled vehicle fires and the GM recall of the EV Chevy Bolts which had fewer fires than Ford's gas fueled vehicle fires in the last few months.

However some vehicles have appreciated in price in the last couple of years selling for more used today than they did new two to three years ago. But I never bought a vehicle expecting it to appreciate either.

But I do follow the vehicle industry as it transitions to all electric.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire