Any Starlink RV user updates?

1 hour ago, ashton23l said:

I didnt pay for roaming, i just took the dish with me and figured i would see what happened.  I went to a low capacity area and had no issues at all.  in fact i ran speeds around 160 the whole time. 

You didn't have to update your service location if you did not have the RV service? That's interesting.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Wait until he gets the next 10k satellites up with the newer speeds and capabilities.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Ryno,

I believe that 1TB isn't happening anytime soon. Here is a less than two week old article from Tom's about it. I believe that 300Mbps is the goal for their premium service.

Here is the latest news as of 9 September about Starlink:

Excerpt:

"Elon Musk’s Starlink satellite internet service is already seeing rapid speed gains – here’s everything we know

Elon Musk’s satellite internet company Starlink is already approaching broadband speeds. Actually, Starlink Premium, a new higher-end tier, surpasses some of the best broad speeds available in the U.S., albeit, at an absurdly high price

While it’s still early on, Starlink is already having an impact on people living in rural parts of the world. In our Starlink review, we were thoroughly impressed by the new satellite internet service but there are still lots of questions and variables that need to be taken into account.

SpaceX also recently launched Starlink RV which is a service meant for users on-the-go or who live in campers. While you can  skip the line and get Starlink's RV plan instantly, there is a downside though as network services are de-prioritized for Starlink RV compared to other Starlink products – which means a degraded service and slower speeds.

Pre-orders (opens in new tab) are currently underway for this  new satellite internet service, which promises to deliver broadband speeds of up to 300 Mbps to anyone in the world regardless of where they are. Whether it be a rural farm in Iowa or a remote village in Canada, customers are reporting greatly improved internet speeds with Starlink.

According to a report from Ookla, median download speeds for Starlink dramatically increased between the first quarter of 2021 and 2022 in both the U.S. and Canada. The service’s speeds saw a 38 percent increase in the U.S. and in Canada, speeds increased by nearly 58 percent in the same time period. In the U.S., Starlink users can expect to get speeds around 90.55 Mbps while Canadian users should see speeds close to 97.40 Mbps.

SpaceX is continuing to launch more satellites and service is already reaching more parts of the continental U.S., Canada and parts of Europe. We now have an even better indication of how rollout is going, thanks to a new coverage map.

But what is Starlink? Below you'll find a rundown of this project that aims to get everyone in the world connected to high speed internet.

Latest Starlink news (updated Sept 9)

That and a lot more in the article here:

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/starlink-internet-coverage-speed-cost-satellites-ipo-and-latest-news#:~:text=Pre-orders are currently underway for this new satellite,are reporting greatly improved internet speeds with Starlink.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

40 minutes ago, RV_ said:

I believe that 1TB isn't happening anytime soon. Here is a less than two week old article from Tom's about it. I believe that 300Mbps is the goal for their premium service.

Excellent.  I just hope SL can keep with the traffic it ends up with.  Don't want it to become like campground wifi!  But, being Elon, he's for sure designed for that.

Edited by hemsteadc

• 4 weeks later...

I just came across this MSN article about: How To Power Starlink Satellite Internet on 12 Volt DC (msn.com)

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got an email from Starlink today. They are implementing a Fair Use Policy and are going to impose a monthly limit of 1TB at which time their access will be reduced to basic service which a lower priority than Residential service. Along with this they are giving a way to monitor your usage, this is something I have wanted from day one. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg