2020 Raptor 423 black/fresh tank valves

Nealp49

Bought this Raptor 8 months ago.  Always had problems opening and closing both valves.  Had new valves installed.  No change.  The T-handles are located too far away from the tanks.  The cables have too many bends and still can't get valves to completely close .  Considering installing electric valve openers.  Anyone had these problems?  Anyone had good or bad luck with electric valves.  HELP ! I'm at my wits end

When the valves are installed.

Normally there is a adjustment tool to set the proper cable length. It is normally red in color, and clips over the handle base. It clips over the shaft behind the handle, as a temporary adjustment tool.

With it installed the handle is pushed in as far as it will go. Then the cable is set tight on the valve at that point.

Then the handle it pulled out enough to allow removing that a adjustment tool. Then when you push the valve handle in, it allows the handle to give a extra push on the cable to actually push the valve into place. WTH a small amount of for.

As for the bends in the cable, sometimes you have to do the best you can. Also valve cables that are solid wire tend to work better than valve cables that are stranded.

Hope this helps 

Lubing the cable before installation may help also

While I have not owned an RV with electric waste tank valves, I have known more than one owner of them who were happy with them. But they are not cheap to add to the RV. I am surprised that you have not had any replies....

Vern, have you worked with electric valves at all?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have worked a few through the years. Not my favorite thing to work on.

That said, if I remember correctly, I had to work on one that was under warranty. I spoke with a very knowledgeable person at there tech line. I did respect there knowledge and had a much better idea how they did work and what to look for to diagnose that manufacturers systems.

But I prefer mechanical valves with a single wire, rather than the one with braided wires.

Sometimes the locations of the valve and where the handle is located can be a problem.

Also when installation, it could be a wise move to pull the wire out of the case and lube it with silicon spray.

I will see if I can find a picture of the adjustment tool for the cable assembly.

I did find this picture on Amazon.

71MvB-cuueL._AC_SS450_.jpg

It snaps on give the proper tension.  You then tighten the set screw and then remove the tool. It gives you the availability to put movement on the valve and some force on the blade

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI