Loud Buzz - Lippert Level-Up Levelers

I was trying to level my Montana the other day and I heard a loud buzz from the hydraulic pump and solenoid area.  It would not actuate the levelers.  No code or anything.
Hydraulic fluid looks good, no puddles under trailer from legs leaking.

This is a Lippert Level-Up system with 6 legs.   2013 model.
My house battery is a few years old.  Could that be an issue?  I am hooked to shore power so not sure how the battery would be a problem unless converter went out.
Any ideas??

Edited by Kevin H
More Info.

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

If you are getting a noise it probably means that the pump is running but the oil isn't being directed as it should be. You could take a voltage reading to see what is being supplied as the system should operate anywhere between 13.5V & 11V. You could also hook up the tow truck with the engine running to supplement the RV batteries.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Do you have more than one battery.

If the batteries are low in voltage when the system turns on. The first thing that could happen is the pump is not turning fast enough to have enough pressure to work the jacks.

Then the voltage will drop much lower while the pump is running.

The other thing that could be happening is the voltage to the solenoid is too low to make it functional. That is when the voltage drops from the pump operating.

just a few thoughts.

Vern

Thanks folks.  I suspect the battery is too weak to run the leveling pump and solenoids.  All the other 12v stuff is working, but that is low power stuff - LED lights primarily.  I'll check the battery out and let you know what happens.

The buzzing or chatter will be caused by low voltage due to a bad connection or bad battery(ies).  The instructions on the Levelup system says the batteries must be in good shape and the converter alone will not have enough power to operate the system.  It will help if you tighten all the connections to the pump motor and reversing switch and even connections all the way to the battery, as any loose connection will be a problem.  These systems also have an auto reset breaker that over time can get weak and will not be able to provide full power to the pump motor, and on your year model, the breaker should be upgraded to an 80 amp breaker instead of the 40 or 50 amp breaker that was installed in your rig.  I upgraded our breaker years ago and have had no issues since.

UPDATE:  I think 57becky nailed it and reinforced my supposition that the battery is bad.  It is a 5 year old Interstate.

Today I went out to take out the battery to have it checked,  Before removing it I decided to try one more time.  Viola!!!  The system worked.  Now I am even more convinced the battery is bad.

As we just moved into our permanent spot in Benson, the trailer has seen the last of it's days on the road.  That also removed the battery from an immediate issue.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

You should always have a battery connected to your 12vdc system. Your charging system may pass some low voltage Ac through your dc system.

And some 12 vdc applications may not like that stray Ac voltage. By having a battery connected, it will filter out the stray Ac voltage.

Just my 3 cents of thought,    Vern