UView Airlift Vacuum Lift for coolant system.

SuiteSuccess

I 5iq5zaGl.jpgI I have one of these vacuum lift tools that can be used to change coolant.  Was wondering if anyone has used it to change coolant in their Smart?  If so did it work okay and any “gotchas”?

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

4 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Yes I have. No problems. Used it on the Volvo when I changed the radiator. No problems. 

Hey thanks Roger. 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

39 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Yes I have. No problems. Used it on the Volvo when I changed the radiator. No problems. 

So did you drain using just the block plug or did you take off lower hose?

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

9 hours ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

I just drop the lower hose or use the radiator percock if it has one to drain. Also use my vacuum fill to put the coolant in.

David, the video I watched on the 2013 Smart (which mine is) has no petcock.  Basically is a PITA.  Have to drop the plastic bottom cover to get to lower hose.  The radiator doesn’t have a petcock so you remove an engine plug on the back, jack it up to lean it left.  Without the vacuum fill you then have to remove a small coolant hose or sensor on the engine to burp it.  That’s why the vacuum might be better…to negate those last two steps.  Just didn’t want to encounter ant “gotchas”.  BTW hope you’re having fun.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Speaking of Smarts, I have been on the look out and my 1st choice is a 2016/17 gas model.  I found 1 with just under 12K miles and asking $14K.  Given that the condition should be as expected, how does that fit in to the current market?

I was sorta expecting these to increase in value given the current fuel prices, but this one has been getting lowered over time.  It was much higher than what I thought it should be at but at the current asking price, it seems to be a be a bit high but factor in the low mileage, seems about right.

Any input?

Marcel