Toy hauler garage carpet/covering options

vlbrown86

I am looking for suggestions (preferably from first-hand experience!) from those who have added some kind of floor covering in their toy hauler garage. Our rig has 12.5 box and our RZR goes in the back while traveling, but it serves primarily as my office while parked. We also use the entrance more often than our front door, so it gets a fair amount of traffic. I'm looking for ways to make the space more homey while I'm in here 40+ hours a week. I don't want a traditional outdoor mat OR a regular carpet. I want something easy to roll up when the machine is loaded, easy to clean, and aesthetically pleasing. My fiance was thinking about something like what goes onto boat flooring, and also whatever ATC uses in their units. 

Anyone got any good suggestions? Much appreciated!! 

We put down an area rug about 5'x9' and a separate smaller oval shaped rug by the side door. The area rug rolls up to about 10" in diameter and I stand it up in a corner and strap it to the wall for when I have something in the garage that would drive over it. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

We have a 13’ garage.  We use an 8’x10’ area rug.  We roll it out once the RZR comes out of the garage.  It fits perfectly between the walls side to side (our DRV Full House is 8’6” wide on the outside).  Front to back it butts up against the front wall and goes to the start of the beaver tail drop at the back of the garage.  When we are ready to load the RZR, the rug gets rolled up and laid down the center of the garage floor.  The rug makes the garage feel more like a regular room than a garage.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

As an option, regular household carpet can have a bound edge added, to increase the choice of available patterns and sizes.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.