Lost Inbound 1st Class Mail to TX and SD

I used the Escapee mail service for 12 years fulltime and another 10 traveling seasonally. The only time that I ever experienced any problems was when I reversed 2 digits o the zip code for the address where we wanted the mail sent. 

As far as I know we have never lost any mail in many years. 

Edited by Kirk W

I think you need to be complaining to the USPS about this issue. Escapees Mial has done a fantastic job for the past 9 plus years.  While the mail is in Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS hands, Escapees is helpless.

For our mail forwarded from Escapees, we stopped using USPS 3 or 4 years ago, due to the totally undependable USPS service even with their Priority mail.  We have Escapees use the Fed Ex flat rate 2 day service.  

Ken

1 hour ago, Mark Noakes said:

We have been experiencing lost inbound 1st class mail to both our SD and TX Escapees mailboxes over the past year. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If yes, is lost mail becoming more or less frequent over time?

I see your question as saying some of your mail never makes to Livingston or your SD address. 

I have that problem known once to me. That occurred in October 2016. My Absentee Ballot never made from Zip code 77351 to 77399. I was never able to find and definite happening but supposedly 25 -300 ballots left the County Clerks office and never made to the Escapee's office or to other intended addressees in Texas. 

After the mail has reached the Livingston office, No problems with the USPS as long as I use Priority Mail. USPS First Class sucks.

Clay,  A user 8 plus years

We also gave up on USPS about three years ago when our mail went on vacation for two weeks before it finally got to us about 100 miles west of Livingston. SKP mail service is the best mail forwarding service IMO that full timers could have. Always pleasant and professional and knowledgeable when we call. We have all mail sent Fedex flat rate 2 day and they never miss a beat. Also Escapees members for twelve years - great club.

Dave

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Nort sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

13 minutes ago, BobDees said:

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Nort sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

File online?

7 hours ago, BobDees said:

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Not sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

The exact reason, we file online and also pay our quarterly estimated payments online.

USPS is generally bad and if the mail goes to the Houston North Central distribution, all hope is lost.  Filing a complaint with the USPS in like putting it directly in the trash can.

Ken