Lost Inbound 1st Class Mail to TX and SD

I used the Escapee mail service for 12 years fulltime and another 10 traveling seasonally. The only time that I ever experienced any problems was when I reversed 2 digits o the zip code for the address where we wanted the mail sent. 

As far as I know we have never lost any mail in many years. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I think you need to be complaining to the USPS about this issue. Escapees Mial has done a fantastic job for the past 9 plus years.  While the mail is in Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS hands, Escapees is helpless.

For our mail forwarded from Escapees, we stopped using USPS 3 or 4 years ago, due to the totally undependable USPS service even with their Priority mail.  We have Escapees use the Fed Ex flat rate 2 day service.  

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

1 hour ago, Mark Noakes said:

We have been experiencing lost inbound 1st class mail to both our SD and TX Escapees mailboxes over the past year. Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? If yes, is lost mail becoming more or less frequent over time?

I see your question as saying some of your mail never makes to Livingston or your SD address. 

I have that problem known once to me. That occurred in October 2016. My Absentee Ballot never made from Zip code 77351 to 77399. I was never able to find and definite happening but supposedly 25 -300 ballots left the County Clerks office and never made to the Escapee's office or to other intended addressees in Texas. 

After the mail has reached the Livingston office, No problems with the USPS as long as I use Priority Mail. USPS First Class sucks.

Clay,  A user 8 plus years

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We also gave up on USPS about three years ago when our mail went on vacation for two weeks before it finally got to us about 100 miles west of Livingston. SKP mail service is the best mail forwarding service IMO that full timers could have. Always pleasant and professional and knowledgeable when we call. We have all mail sent Fedex flat rate 2 day and they never miss a beat. Also Escapees members for twelve years - great club.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Nort sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

13 minutes ago, BobDees said:

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Nort sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

File online?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

7 hours ago, BobDees said:

We have had recurring problems with USPS losing mail over the last two years, including a lost application for Escapees mail service and our 2021 1040.  Nor sure I am willing to trust USPS any longer.  Have filed a complaint but this went no where a couple years ago with a related problem.  Unfortunately, USPS has a monopoly on dellievering US Tax forms.  Not sure what I will do if I cannot file online in the future.

The exact reason, we file online and also pay our quarterly estimated payments online.

USPS is generally bad and if the mail goes to the Houston North Central distribution, all hope is lost.  Filing a complaint with the USPS in like putting it directly in the trash can.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I to use the FedEx 2 day but lately it has been taking 3 or 4 days. Not Escapees fault. Called FexEx and the don't care. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2022 at 1:53 PM, pjstough said:

Mail from any particular business, or type of mail that is missing?

Always 1st class. We had medical bills lost by escapees and located in the wrong mailboxes (17 pieces to date), other bills lost and never found, and according to the mail admin if the envelope is a "hand written address" the automatic sorter will reject it. This then requires a person to physically set it aside for manual processing. One such piece of our mail sat in limbo for a month until we initiated a search. Once found we requested it be scanned so we could read it. This apparently could not be done. Which makes me wonder what happens to hand written envelopes if no one complains that it is missing? We've had one billing that almost went to collection due to it being misplaced at escapees and misplaced toll billings (2 bills for the same tolls) that resulted in penalties. All in 2 years.

• 1 month later...

Stuff happens, no matter the service used.  I always request a tracking number on anything I need, may not get it, but know where it went astray...Escapees has been perfect and often they make the extra effort on something that has my name on it, but an odd shipment.

Edited by jblo