Tesla Files For Another Stock Split—Reveals Billionaire Larry Ellison To Leave Board

RV_

For my fellow Tesla and other investors it is official. Not 20-1 but 3-1 is fine too. The last one was 5-1. I bought this block just after the last split when it dropped to just below my buy order of $350 a share. I am watching this one carefully too.

Excerpt:

"Key Facts

Tesla said in its annual proxy filing that it will hold a shareholder vote to allow a 3-for-1 split of its common stock at its upcoming annual meeting on August 4.

The company pointed out its share price has risen about 40% since its last stock split and said it believes another split will "help reset the market price" to give employees more flexibility in managing their equity—and make shares more accessible to retail investors.

Tesla previously teased plans for the split in April.

In the Friday filing, Tesla also revealed billionaire Larry Ellison, cofounder and executive chair at Oracle, would step down from the company's board at the annual meeting, and that it won't seek to replace him, reducing the number of board seats to seven.

Tesla shares, which have plummeted 42% this year, ticked up 1.3% to $703 in after-hours trading immediately after the announcement, paring losses of 3% for the day.

Key Background

The stock split would be the electric vehicle maker’s second during the pandemic and follows a slew of others from big-tech heavyweights. In February, Google parent Alphabet announced a 20:1 stock split, and in July 2020, Apple announced a 4-for-1 split. Some experts argue that though stock splits are largely symbolic, lower stock prices make shares more affordable to a wider group of investors. "From what we’ve seen in the market with Tesla and Nvidia, people like to chase splits,” portfolio manager David Wagner of Aptus Capital Advisors recently told Forbes,referring to an over 70% run-up in Tesla share prices in the 20 days between announcing and completing its last stock split."

More in the article here from Forbes:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/tesla-files-for-another-stock-split-e2-80-94reveals-billionaire-larry-ellison-to-leave-board/ar-AAYkh6E?ocid=uxbndlbing

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire