Cooper Discover AT3 XLT Tires

Any using Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT Tires? I was looking at Michelin LTX but they have a lot of bad reviews at the 20K to 30K point. Mainly vanishing sipes and the tread peeling off. The Coopers get good reviews from what I can see. We've been using Goodrich AT3 but they are noisy and maybe not the best on highway tires.
We just bought a used RAM 2500 and is has Sailuns of all things, mostly worn out too.
We are 90% on the road and 10% off road pulling an 8K TT. The XLT are supposed designed for HD trucks

Secondly, I want to replace the truck batteries. Just as a preventive, I have no idea how old they are but they don't look new. Any batteries better than others? Or just what the auto parts place has?

We finally are going to get on the road again, God willing. After a lot series of problems since November. A quick run around the Southeast, maybe to Natchez Trace. Back here for appointments in early June then off to the Escapade in TN. Them maybe to the Yupper and the north country in July.

I quit running Michelin tires on the work truck. Too much gravel roads chewing the treads off. Rubber seemed to be too soft. Cooper's gave good life, as did Hankook's. The BFG had a slightly lesser tread life than the Cooper's, and cost a lot more.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

My son put Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT-LT tires on his truck because all of the trucks belonging to the company he works for has them on all their vehicles. He has found them to be quieter that what he previously had and is getting good wear out of them. The company trucks and vans can be on the highway, back roads and city streets and he says they are getting the warranted mileage and then some on most. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

I gave up on Michelin LTX on my truck as I was getting 30 to5 35K on the last two sets. Went to Cooper AT and they are wearing better.   I tried Goodyear Kevlar belted Wranglers and had them taken off after two weeks because they never could get them to run smooth after swapping tires and balance after balance.  They check tire and rim run out and no problems.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I have no faith in GY after their RV tire fiasco. I'm going with the Coopers, made inn the US and has good reviews. I'm surprised at the poor Michelin reviews, I've never had any but thought they were supposed to be very good. 

Thanks for the replies

Just now, Jaydrvr said:

Not any significant difference in batteries. Your best deal is often at a dealer. I usually pay around $75-80 each at a Volvo dealership, although last time was at a Kenworth dealer in Minneapolis. Jay

$75 for a 800 CCA battery? Last time I bought one is was around a $100 no more you have to look hard to find one under $200 and that would be 24 month one not 36 month

1 minute ago, agesilaus said:

$75 for a 800 CCA battery? Last time I bought one is was around a $100 no more you have to look hard to find one under $200 and that would be 24 month one not 36 month

It's been maybe two years but dealers have always been the bargain deal on batteries.. At least in my experience, but only in the last thirty years or so. Jay

Local Kenworth dealer has a pallet in the parts area @ $99.99 for 850 CCA. Check truck dealers, they sell as a loss leader.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.