East Coast Rally Announcement

SuiteSuccess

Recently our personal life underwent a significant change which has led to Donna and I electing to step down from hosting the East Coast Rally going forward.  Circumstances will not afford us the time to commit to a successful rally.  We have been the hosts for over a decade and truly want to thank all the volunteers and helpers we have shared the experience with over the years.  Without you, we could not have succeeded.  We have met many wonderful people and made some life long friends.  To dispel any curiosity, we are both doing well and the circumstances do not involve a health issue.  If anyone wishes to take up the reins, please contact me at ecrcarl at gmail.com and I will be happy to discuss.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

You’ve been so welcoming and we have very much enjoyed the southern hospitality of the ECRs that we have attended.  

We hope you and Donna will continue to attend future events without the stress of administering the rally. 

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

We understand about your decision and also know how MUCH work goes into pulling off a rally, which of course you made look easy!!!! Hope to cross paths somewhere else in the future and am anxiously waiting to see if anyone wants to fill both your shoes, I am sure you will help whoever that might step up pick up where you ended. Happy Trails

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Recently our personal life underwent a significant change which has led to Donna and I electing to step down from hosting the East Coast Rally going forward.  Circumstances will not afford us the time to commit to a successful rally.  We have been the hosts for over a decade and truly want to thank all the volunteers and helpers we have shared the experience with over the years.  Without you, we could not have succeeded.  We have met many wonderful people and made some life long friends.  To dispel any curiosity, we are both doing well and the circumstances do not involve a health issue.  If anyone wishes to take up the reins, please contact me at ecrcarl at gmail.com and I will be happy to discuss.

Sorry to hear that. I hope all works out well for you guys! I am just getting into the HDT community. I am hoping to attend the ECR next year. Hopefully we can cross paths then.

Chuck

I really enjoyed my (first) time at the ECR this year.  I completely understand what goes into putting on a successful rally and the amount of time it takes.  I hope someone is willing to take on the responsibility.  I’d like to attend again.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Carl and Donna laid the foundation of our niche in the RV world, built it to be sustaining and growing , this effort will continue to evolve from that beginning and never be forgotten.

Thank you Carl and Donna

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

Carl and Donna, we wish you the best as you go forward, always. We are blessed to have met you, and have really enjoyed the two ECRs we attended. We are not East Coast people, so we don't come to the ECR every year, but I hope someone over there takes the reins and continues what you have so ably started and led until now. We truly hope to see you in the future, whether at other rallies or somewhere on the road! Thank you for all you've done!

0509211517a-tiny.jpg.0313fb3892d85eca18617732fa6d04ac.jpg

2007 Freightliner M2-112, 68' connected

2021 New Horizons Majestic 45' toyhauler

2001 Kawasaki Concours

2007 Yamaha V-Star Classic

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMD

I have attended the National Rally (several times) and the ECR once. Both are having a changing of the guard and while changes can sometimes be undesired often times they work out for the best. Good luck to the new organizers who step up and continue to support the HDT'rs out here. Best of luck to Carl, Donna, Steve and Gail. Thanks for all you have given us over the years. 

I met Chad in person recently and one day will make it to the West Coast Rally. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 4 months later...

Carl And Donna    I haven't been on the site in along time and this is the first time I found out about your PL change. Glad it isn't health related but after all you two have done to make the ECR a great get together I know it must be a really important issue with y'all. I really want to thank you for all that you did to make the 5 ECR's we got to attend a really great time. And as you said  we got to meet a great group of people and make a bunch of new friends. We sold Pats Pride and the 5er right after the ECR in 2021. With the price of fuel now maybe we made the right choice at the right time. I miss it but Shirley was ready to get out of "That Big Truck". If you still are able to hit the road upon occasion and you get out our way know that We can put you on the slab with power, h2o,  and blackwater hookup. Take care and know you are in our prayers.  757-646-1686.   Pat and Shirley

The Old Sailor

12 hours ago, JPL said:

Carl And Donna    I haven't been on the site in along time and this is the first time I found out about your PL change. Glad it isn't health related but after all you two have done to make the ECR a great get together I know it must be a really important issue with y'all. I really want to thank you for all that you did to make the 5 ECR's we got to attend a really great time. And as you said  we got to meet a great group of people and make a bunch of new friends. We sold Pats Pride and the 5er right after the ECR in 2021. With the price of fuel now maybe we made the right choice at the right time. I miss it but Shirley was ready to get out of "That Big Truck". If you still are able to hit the road upon occasion and you get out our way know that We can put you on the slab with power, h2o,  and blackwater hookup. Take care and know you are in our prayers.  757-646-1686.   Pat and Shirley

The Old Sailor

Pat & Shirley,

Thanks so much for the kind words and offer.  It’s folks like y’all that make this group special.  Sometimes life takes a turn that you did not expect but you just travel that road and see where it takes you.  Again, for those concerned, it was not related to either of our health status.  We made good friends and hope to continue to see you on the road as circumstances allow.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

One never knows..... many years ago, the former organizers stepped down and Carl/Donna picked up the torch.  The ECR could rise again.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

12 hours ago, rickeieio said:

One never knows..... many years ago, the former organizers stepped down and Carl/Donna picked up the torch.  The ECR could rise again.

I never knew their was an ECR before Carl and Donna. Is it older than the National? 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Our first year to attend the ECR was 2011, the first year it was at Deer Run.  It had previously been held somewhere closer to the Atlantic.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

4 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Our first year to attend the ECR was 2011, the first year it was at Deer Run.  It had previously been held somewhere closer to the Atlantic.

Yes. My understanding is “Toterman” (since deceased) started it and it was purely a social gathering at differing sites…Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc.  When Toterman couldn’t do it Ron aka Argo organized it at Myrtle Beach purely again as a social event.  That was our first attendance with nine other HDTERS.  He did not want to continue, so Donna and I took over, moved to a fixed yearly site, and incorporated some educational opportunities as well as social events.  It was never meant to replace the National but rather compliment what had been started at the National and afford the opportunity for those that could not drive to Kansas an alternative.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

3 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Yes. My understanding is “Toterman” (since deceased) started it and it was purely a social gathering at differing sites…Virginia Beach, Myrtle Beach, etc.  When Toterman couldn’t do it Ron aka Argo organized it at Myrtle Beach purely again as a social event.  That was our first attendance with nine other HDTERS.  He did not want to continue, so Donna and I took over, moved to a fixed yearly site, and incorporated some educational opportunities as well as social events.  It was never meant to replace the National but rather compliment what had been started at the National and afford the opportunity for those that could not drive to Kansas an alternative.

Plus, you and Donna did a fantastic job hosting the ECR, I know how much works goes into running an event like this and you both made it look effortless!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

2 minutes ago, dblr said:

Plus, you and Donna did a fantastic job hosting the ECR, I know how much works goes into running an event like this and you both made it look effortless!!!!

Thanks 

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Is it too early to ask for a roll call of anyone still wanting to go to Deer Run in April just to hang around, talk smart and complain about lightning?

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

At this time it doesn't look like we'll be there because of plans for Hawaii but if we could we would get one of the cabins. If nothing else we would be at the Happy Hours! Our first ECR was here at Va Beach in 2010. We were there with our 37' Cardinal and 550 Ford. Had a great time. We went to the 2011 ECR at Myrtle Beach and stayed in a condo. We bought Pats Pride in May of 2011 and towed with it for 10 Years. Miss It! Once you tow with a rear truck you won't tow with anything else. The invite is open to anyone coming to the area. Power h20 and black water hookup. Its free!    Pat

The Old Sailor

The Old Sailor 

27 minutes ago, JPL said:

At this time it doesn't look like we'll be there because of plans for Hawaii but if we could we would get one of the cabins. If nothing else we would be at the Happy Hours! Our first ECR was here at Va Beach in 2010. We were there with our 37' Cardinal and 550 Ford. Had a great time. We went to the 2011 ECR at Myrtle Beach and stayed in a condo. We bought Pats Pride in May of 2011 and towed with it for 10 Years. Miss It! Once you tow with a rear truck you won't tow with anything else. The invite is open to anyone coming to the area. Power h20 and black water hookup. Its free!    Pat

The Old Sailor

The Old Sailor 

Pat,

Referred someone that may give you a call about your hookups.  Coming into area on short notice due to family emergency.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3