Diesel #1 & Diesel #2 your opinions and additives you use if any?

Vegas Teacher

Hey I read about differences in Diesel #1 & Diesel #2 just wondering what you use and what I am going to see at the pumps as I travel across country this summer. Also read a lot about different additives and amounts to add to 50, 100 & 200 gallons of diesel.

Plus I am leaving my truck in Kansas for a year while work is being done. In Vegas we never get cold enough to worry about it, but in Kansas, depending on the winter it can be mild or, when I was growing up, we had -10 to -20 degree days. So just need advice.

Later,

Cory O

You don't need to worry about it until temps in the teens. Then I throw a bottle of Howes in. Less than that I run number 1 blend. You don't typically need full number one. We use a 50-50 blend here on the farm. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

55 minutes ago, jenandjon said:

You don't need to worry about it until temps in the teens. Then I throw a bottle of Howes in. Less than that I run number 1 blend. You don't typically need full number one. We use a 50-50 blend here on the farm. 

Thanks, that makes sense. I read a lot, I do a lot of research but until somebody gives advice that lays things out nice and simple sometimes all of the extra jargon doesn't make a lot of sense.