slide out rams out

Well I was off from work today so I jumped on this job. Wasn't that bad. I am small enough to get my upper body in the access area. Tight but I did. Would be lot more difficult for a large man. Called etrailer, no help. So contacted lippert and they had one and the other in a different warehouse. They on the way. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

You have to remember the higher you go the less oxygen there is to breath so naturally taller people are oxygen deprived and obviously have brain damage compared to shorter people.

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

1 hour ago, sundancer268 said:

You have to remember the higher you go the less oxygen there is to breath so naturally taller people are oxygen deprived and obviously have brain damage compared to shorter people.

lol

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Well reckon i got hit by the trucking problem. Check out link at UPS for tracking, got label too early for info. Has been like this for over a week. 

I've found that some vendors will create a shipping label as soon as I place an order, even if they don't have the item in stock.  I get an email saying that the item has shipped, so it looks like UPS, USPS, Fedex are slow in delivering, when in reality it hasn't even left the vendor yet.

Still no rams. Called Lippert today. They were very helpful. Basically ups picked up from Lippert warehouse. After that no record. Ups said lost. So Lippert overnight air them to me. Supposed to get tomorrow. 

Did you consider having your existing cylinders rebuilt locally to you?  I did that with my Teton's Lippert front landing gear.  Worked out well and at a better price.  One cylinder needed some work on the housing and shaft, so had that done, but shop told me trying to find replacements would likely prove to be a tough task, considering the supply chain issues.

I did also add 2 pints of Lucas fork oil to help with stiction, which I was having after re-installing the cylinders.  Once I exercised the system to get the fluid mixed, I think that with the activity and the fork oil, things seem to be working better than it has in the past.

Now to tackle my kitchen slide that has sagged on the front side and get it back to a higher position and off the flooring that it is now damaging.  The typical adjustments hasnt reaped the results I need and when closed, I can see the slide lower on the front side versus the back side.  I suspect perhaps some water damage to the subfloor as the water heater is there as is the sink etc.  But we are traveling and not willing to tear into those cabinets and do that amount of work.

Marcel

A decent hydraulic repair shop can weld or chrome a shaft and grind it smooth.  

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

13 hours ago, GlennWest said:

did not know that, 

Of course, Lippert is not going to tell you that anything can be repaired.  They make lots of $$$ off new parts.

There are some parts that I would not attempt to re-chrome or repair, but hydraulic cylinders and rams are for sure worth checking.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I typically have hydraulic cylinders repaired rather than buy new.  When they have to replace the rods it isn't cheap but it is less than new.  The chrome rods sell by the inch and then there is welding and machine work. When completed the cylinders are as good as new.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Got my new rams in. Awning motor in too. Replace awning motor this Saturday. Will jump on ram replacement next weekend if not too hot. Not really needed for a while. But then I am close to the coast. Hurricane season not far away. Will plan on next weekend.

Put new rams on Saturday. They were physically a little longer, about an inch, To my surprise they were short on stroke. I got some all thread rod and a coupling to extend out to connect to slide out. Had to make extension on outside as not possible to move ram inside that much. With ram run in it has enough room now for ram to close. In talking to lippert length never came up except fitting to fitting. Not at all happy about this .