AGM to Lithium conversion video

When I upgraded to lithium iron phosphate, my lead acid ones were still in pretty good shape, so I just incorporated them into my system. My solar keeps the LiFE Po4 battery charged, and my LiFe Po4 battery keeps the lead acid ones charged.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

1 hour ago, pjstough said:

When I upgraded to lithium iron phosphate, my lead acid ones were still in pretty good shape, so I just incorporated them into my system. My solar keeps the LiFE Po4 battery charged, and my LiFe Po4 battery keeps the lead acid ones charged.

That's interesting....But since I was getting along fine with 200ah of AGM and now have 200ah of Li.....I think I'll be fine. I'll use the two AGM batteries on the boat for the trolling motor.

RoyB

South of Boston

2021 Dodge 2500 - 6.4L

Forest River 19RR Toy Hauler

Roofnest Falcon Rooftop Tent

www.rvbprecision.com

4 hours ago, pjstough said:

There is a YouTube video from a person that does the same thing.  His video goes into detail on how he does it and how it works.  It is interesting but maybe it is just me, I wouldn't do it.  Fusing would also seem to be very critical.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

1 hour ago, Randyretired said:

There is a YouTube video from a person that does the same thing.  His video goes into detail on how he does it and how it works.  It is interesting but maybe it is just me, I wouldn't do it.  Fusing would also seem to be very critical.

I run my 12 volt system runs off of the four lead acid golf cart batteries. I run my 2000 watt inverter off of the 300 amp hour Zooms LiFePo4 battery. My golf cart batteries can be charges by the alternator, the PD9260 converter/charger, which can run off of shore power, the generator, or the inverter, and I also have a 10 amp Trik-L-Start device connected from the Zooms battery to the golf cart batteries.
The Zooms battery can be charged by my 600 watts of solar, or the 30 amp LiFePo4 battery charger I have connected to them.

1 hour ago, pjstough said:

I run my 12 volt system runs off of the four lead acid golf cart batteries. I run my 2000 watt inverter off of the 300 amp hour Zooms LiFePo4 battery. My golf cart batteries can be charges by the alternator, the PD9260 converter/charger, which can run off of shore power, the generator, or the inverter, and I also have a 10 amp Trik-L-Start device connected from the Zooms battery to the golf cart batteries.
The Zooms battery can be charged by my 600 watts of solar, or the 30 amp LiFePo4 battery charger I have connected to them.

That is pretty clever.  So you didn't mix the chemistries into the same battery bank.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Congratulation pj, good job....Hey as long as you ARE NOT (and you already know that) mixing Lead Acid and Li chemistry no problem. Sure, the "energy" from the Li (or your Lead Acid) could be used to power up an Inverter or used (given the correct electronics) to properly smart charge your Lead Acid. In my rig the primary charging source for my Li bank are of course my Solar Panels, but if no sunlight then shore power or my Genset runs my Smart Li Charger. If needed when driving at night I also have a DC to DC charger so the engines alternator can charge my Li. I'm sure you already have all wiring as well as electrical devices and batteries properly overload protected 

Lifes good, you gotta love electricity and having more then one option to keep charged yayyyyyyyyyy So when your Lead Acid expires do I see more Li in your future?? I see Solid State batteries in the not too distant future but my RV days will likely be over by then grrrrrrrrrrr

John T

9 minutes ago, oldjohnt said:

Congratulation pj, good job....Hey as long as you ARE NOT (and you already know that) mixing Lead Acid and Li chemistry no problem. Sure, the "energy" from the Li (or your Lead Acid) could be used to power up an Inverter or used (given the correct electronics) to properly smart charge your Lead Acid. In my rig the primary charging source for my Li bank are of course my Solar Panels, but if no sunlight then shore power or my Genset runs my Smart Li Charger. If needed when driving at night I also have a DC to DC charger so the engines alternator can charge my Li. I'm sure you already have all wiring as well as electrical devices and batteries properly overload protected 

Lifes good, you gotta love electricity and having more then one option to keep charged yayyyyyyyyyy So when your Lead Acid expires do I see more Li in your future?? I see Solid State batteries in the not too distant future but my RV days will likely be over by then grrrrrrrrrrr

John T

Yes, when the lead acid batteries expire, I will probably add another 300 amp hour Zooms LiFePo4 battery, and then combine the systems.