Furnace Access

Can anyone tell me how to access the furnace on a 2018 Telluride 292 RLS ? It's not heating, got plenty of gas, other gas appliances work. It runs, but never hear it try to fire up. I can see it from the vent panel, but about a arms length away. Looks like it's under the shower in the step up. Thanks !

I am not familiar with what furnace was used in your RV.  Is it a Suburban, Dometic or Atwood.  If you can, post a photo of the furnace from the outside vents.

Some like the Suburban can be accessed from the outside by removing the outer cover.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

As I look at a picture of the 2018 Telluride 292 RLS which I found on RV Trader, it looks to me like it has an Atwood furnace located on the driver's side of the trailer and just forward of the rear slide. If the picture is accurate to what you have the brown cover is the water heater and the smaller white cover that is lower and toward the front of the trailer is the cover to the furnace. Open that access panel and you can work on it. 

62469d748846df3ccb381b64.jpg?width=1024&

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I can't say about yours, but most are easily accessible from outside some with just 4 screws (rectangular cover) then slide out the cover which has tubes into the furnace for fresh air intake and exhaust output. If when the t stat calls for heat the blower starts running ???? but she never lights, typical problems may be the sail switch (bad or stuck or not enough air flow) ,,,,,,,,,or the ignitor tip isnt firing tic tic tic High Voltage to light the flame,,,,,,,,,,or the ignitor tip needs cleaned or adjusted to the right gap or is at fault,,,,,,,,,,,or the circuit board is bad,,,,,,,,,,,or Ive seen high temp limit switches fail open,,,,,,,,,,,,or the burner tube is clogged or sooty maybe just needs cleaned out ALL ASSUMING GOOD GAS SUPPLY. if it has air in lines it can take several tries before it will light. If running and blower is working you can feel/hear it exhausting outside the RV at the rectangular cover. They take up more height then ONLY under a shower step up. Look for the outside cover with the 4 screws and where they exhaust and take air in (two round tubes) .  If blower runs if the sail switch closes as it does unless its stuck (low voltage can cause low air flow to prevent such form happening and it closing !!!) the gas vALVE opens with a CLUNK and the HV starts firing at the ignitor tip tic tic tic tic to light the flame. If no flame it times out and you have to start over.

If you have the make n model you can download a manual from Bryant or other places (suburban or atwood etc) with troubleshooting tips etc 

John T  

Before you go to far.... what is your battery condition?  A low battery will prevent the furnace fan from running fast enough to trip the "sail" switch allowing the gas to flow or the igniter to fire.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

9 hours ago, lenp said:

Before you go to far.... what is your battery condition?  A low battery will prevent the furnace fan from running fast enough to trip the "sail" switch allowing the gas to flow or the igniter to fire.

Lenp

AMEN Lenp  DITTO  I've had that happen myself grrrrrrrrrrr

14 hours ago, oldjohnt said:

if the sail switch closes as it does unless its stuck (low voltage can cause low air flow to prevent such form happening and it closing !!!

Hope he gets it going

John T

From the picture Kirk posted, you might have to access the furnace from the basement storage. It may be behind an interior wall panel that has to be removed to get to it.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately the diagnostic LED lights are only visible once you remove the furnace. Hopefully you can get to it from the basement. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.