Will you share your choice, without debate?

Covid-19 vaccinations taken, ignoring all debates.  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been vaccinated for Covid-19?

• I have chosen not to be vaccinated for Covid-19.
    • I have had 1 shot of Moderna or of Pfizer vaccine.
    • I have had 1 shot of Johnson & Johnson or 2 shots of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine and am fully vaccinated but not boosted.
    • I am fully vaccinated and have had 1 booster and plan to get the second booster.
    • I am fully vaccinated and 1 booster but do not plan to get any further covid vaccinations.
    • I am fully vaccinated and boosted at this time having vaccinations and 2 boosters.
    • I either do not fit any answer or I prefer not to say if I am vaccinated.

Some of us have debated, discussed, and argued about the need for and validity of the various vaccines for Covid-19, but this isn't about that. By now most of us have made choices and we each have our reasons but I think it would be interesting to have some idea of how many of us have chosen what means of dealing with the continuing health issues. If you wish to share what your decision was and/or why you made that decision, that is find but not needed since my question is only about what choices we made. Please, if other should share what choice they made and their reasons for that choice, let's be respectful of their right to make the choice for themselves, and not criticize them even if we choose to share our choice. Let's just share some information so that each of us are better informed was we move forward into the RV travel future. We are all here because we enjoy the RV lifestyle so lets build on that common interest.

Thank you for sharing and for avoiding any disagreements. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago I got sent an email that I could get a second Pfizer booster so I scheduled it the next day.  We will be visiting family with health challenges in the next few weeks, so we are doing what we can to make them safe.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We both got our second booster just last Thursday. Pam has some ongoing health issues and we are both pushing on 80 so considered it wise. We timed it to have a full 2 weeks before we leave for our next trip. We just feel more secure having had them. 

As seasonal people and for the same reasons Kirk, we received our 2nd booster Wednesday.

Also Dept of Public Health official told us "MOM, get you boosters before coming home"

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

We have worked hard to stay reasonably healthy during these almost 75 years on the planet.  As soon as the 2nd booster was announced, we went to the local pharmacy and got our shots.  The only side effect we had was a sore spot on the arm and the next day we both felt a little slow, but not sick.  A couple of Tylenol and we were good.   

So far, we have avoided getting COVID.    We wear masks in the stores, and when entering a restaurant.  On the rare occasion that we eat out, we go to smaller places and during off peak hours.   We do occasionally get takeout.

Stay healthy folks.

Ken

Edited by TXiceman

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Yup, both got the 2nd booster a little over a week ago.   Just to much unknown about this quirky virus and it's ability to mutate.   And yes, going into stores, etc. we still wear our masks.  Only place we don't is when eating out, which we do very infrequently at smaller places at off times when it isn't so crowded.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Just had our appt. with internist.  We're 80.  It was recommended that we wait until Sept. to get our 2nd booster so that we're better protected for the fall season.  We also get a flu shot in the fall.  We never had the flu since getting it.  In the summer people are outdoors when the risk is lower.  We don't eat inside in restaurants.  We still wear masks in grocery stores or general shopping and of course, doctor's offices are still requiring them.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I (not hubby), always got a flu shot due to being diabetic most years until my last one in 2018, so I am far from an anti-vaxer.   Got really sick with COVID in October 2019 (they said wasn't out then but now say from revisiting our chest x-rays and blood oxygen level monitoring done for months following -it was!), again in early March we contracted and were deemed long haulers - 12 weeks (till felt back to some normality in ourselves) & last time was 8 weeks into May 2020.   By choice and because of our prior exposures we didn't want to be vaccinated at all, but in October and November 2021 we were basically held to ransom in one form or another by the government to be vaccinated which we reluctantly did.

Unless it impacts our living life, or we don't have a choice, we do not intend to have any further boosters.   

We respect everyone choosing to be vaccinated or not and absolutely would never judge their personal reasons why.   Unlike the vast majority in our towns that are mask free, don't social distance any more or sanitize since they removed all COVID mandates.  Some businesses still mandate masking themselves, but irrespective we still personally chose to mask, sanitize and socially distance.   We avoid any form of gatherings we realistically can and are always on our guard when out in public.  Rightly or wrongly we still feel there's a big wave to come again, and are watching our numbers (inc deaths and hospitalisations) on the rise again sadly.

FWIW:  Because so many now are doing home testing, it's hard to know true positivity rates but what they are reporting is definitely on the rise again unfortunately.   In addition we all are having neighbours, friends and work colleagues testing positive at home in volumes lately.   Almost all reporting mild symptoms for the most part but .......

We have decided to wait on our 2nd booster until maybe fall.  We don't go out to eat or spend time indoors with others except when I go shopping or doctor appointments.   We wear masks for that.  Sure wish they could develop a better vaccine that would actually keep us from getting ill instead of just a milder infection.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

They are looking at a slightly different vaccine for fall. Problem is the new variants are mutating so fast and when you have so many people NOT getting vaccinated, it means  that more mutations will occur.   The virus has become endemic and they will be tweaking the vaccine (sort of like what is done each year for the flu) for a while until the next new virus emerges and we are again in lockdowns.   

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

It is very difficult to know exactly where we stand and/or what the future will hold, but at some point we must find a way to adapt to conditions and return to some form of our preferred lifestyle. I believe that thoughtful and respectful discussions such as this one can help each of us to find a way that we can be comfortable with. We do need to realize that not everyone is going to take the same course of action so knowing more about what the people around us are doing can only help us to choose the best answers for ourselves. It would be very helpful if there were some way to know what others we come into contact with have done or not done but since that isn't possible we each must make our own choices.

Our reason for the timing of our second boosters is that we leave for an 8 day river cruise just over 2 weeks after the day of our inoculation. We do plan to mask when in close contact with others and the cruise line has informed us that all passengers will be required to provide proof of vaccination & to be antigen tested. Being 80 years old, we chose this cruise partly because of their rigid requirements which makes us feel that the risk is far lower. At the same time, we have become very tired of the restrictions in our travels and lifestyle so feel that we must find some middle ground that we get back to a lifestyle where we look forward to new adventures. We will be taking part in Escapade in June and doing more RV travels later this summer but we will also have our supply of masks with us for the entire time. We must find ways to socialize as an RV community again, while respecting the rights and the risks of those we are in contact with.

Future of COVID-19: What Comes Next?

I do wish that some of those with more diverse opinions on the vaccinations would join in as it would provide a better understanding for us all. If they do choose to do so, lets not take anyone to task for their choice in this thread because sharing information is always helpful.

Just to weigh in with an opinion... We are fully vaccinated (Moderna) with one booster shot six months ago.   Our plans for the Summer are to workamp in South Dakota (Hart Ranch), so we are pondering... 2nd booster shot in May (worried about public exposure all summer), or wait until Fall?   I have put that question to our local PCP here in Wellton, AZ.   We'll see what the response is.

Edited by Jim & Alice

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

We both plan to get the 2 booster, however it is not advertised  in Indiana, so we don't know how or where to get the 2 booster.

DW fell and sustained facial and head injuries Dec 1 in FL.  I'm presently having heart issues and asthma attacks after returning from Florida for the winter. we're back to wearing a N95 mask when we leave our property.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

27 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

We both plan to get the 2 booster, however it is not advertised  in Indiana, so we don't know how or where to get the 2 booster.

DW fell and sustained facial and head injuries Dec 1 in FL.  I'm presently having heart issues and asthma attacks after returning from Florida for the winter. we're back to wearing a N95 mask when we leave our property.

Here's a link for getting the 2nd booster in Indiana.  I did a Google and another or two came up but I didn't look at them.

https://states.aarp.org/indiana/covid-19-vaccine-distribution

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I received my 2nd booster last Wednesday, at a local CVS pharmacy.  For me, it was a no-brainer.  An hour of my time, for some protection, against the potential for great personal pain.

My first three shots were from Pfizer.  But preprint medical evidence indicates that mixing things up may provide better protection, without any downsides.  So I successfully sought out a local site that could provide me with a Moderna shot.

I'm 73 years old, with no health conditions.  And I still chose to get the second booster.  Why? Because the risk/reward ratio was compelling to me.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car

6 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Given the low vaccination rate in the Midwest, I would think your travel plans would prompt you to get the second booster.   

We're inclined that way, Barbera, but I am cautious due to what that would do to our 'positioning' for a Fall booster in response to a Fall covid variant wave.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

12 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

however it is not advertised  in Indiana, so we don't know how or where to get the 2 booster.

Indiana COVID-19 Vaccine Sites

The above site is supplied by the Indiana Dept. of Health.

7 hours ago, Jim & Alice said:

I am cautious due to what that would do to our 'positioning' for a Fall booster in response to a Fall covid variant wave.

By all means talk to your primary care physician about this decision? We did and our doctor recommended we get ours now because we are going to be traveling. She believes that if needed there will be another vaccine in the fall. If you take the risk now you could get covid and not be here to get the vaccine in the fall!

Edited by Kirk W
repair a typo

21 hours ago, Jim &amp; Alice said:

so we are pondering... 2nd booster shot in May (worried about public exposure all summer), or wait until Fall?  

I was originally thinking about waiting until Fall to get my second booster at the same time I get my flu shot.  But that's 5-6 months away and who knows what different variants will be around then requiring yet another booster.  So I decided to get the second booster now and if a third booster is needed by Fall, I'll get that, too.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

14 hours ago, Ray,IN said:

Can't you get them at your local pharmacy?  That's where we've received both of our boosters.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul