Missing couple in motorhome, thought to be in Nevada

17 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

There are a least two of us doing it your way!!  I plan with paper maps and then create a GPS map with many waypoints so we can see what WE want to.  Never got lost using a variety of paper maps.

Good to know!  It's kind of funny, but when I am in the car I happily turn down most any road just to see where it goes.  But with the motorhome I'm just the opposite - no freelancing for me! :)

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a video of the motorhome and car being dug out and towed.  A GPS has been mentioned over the course of this tragedy and I'm surprised there hasn't been a recovery report and map on the GPS if, indeed, they were following a GPS.  This video showed that they had a printout map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvuZ_y75EU&ab_channel=HeavyDSparks

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Here's a video of the motorhome and car being dug out and towed.  A GPS has been mentioned over the course of this tragedy and I'm surprised there hasn't been a recovery report and map on the GPS if, indeed, they were following a GPS.  This video showed that they had a printout map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvuZ_y75EU&ab_channel=HeavyDSparks

Thanks for the link - very interesting.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

On 4/13/2022 at 12:36 AM, sandsys said:

I've admitted three of ours in hopes that people stop saying they must be idiots. I don't think you all think Dave and I are idiots but I could be wrong about that, too.

Intelligent people do idiotic things. it doesn't make them idiots, it makes them human.

Wayne & Jinx
2017 F-350 diesel, dually
2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Jinx and Wayne

2006 Carriage Carri-Lite 36KSQ

Sometimes some of the most experienced and inteligent people make the biggest errors in judgement and it really makes us think it is unfathomable how they did it. Partly we are frustrated that it happened. Maybe in the back of our mind we know it could be us and we don't want to admit it.